Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.....on the newest list of most stolen cars, right behind Caddy Escalade EXT. Lets hope MO never makes the list!!!

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I wonder if "stolen Maxima" is related to insurance claims. If so, maybe the Maximas are not stolen, but rather their HID headlights vandalized - its a very common thing.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Eric, I read the article & it said even when the Maxima was "stolen" that in the end when what they were finding was that only the HID's had been taken!

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
KSmurano said:
Eric, I read the article & it said even when the Maxima was "stolen" that in the end when what they were finding was that only the HID's had been taken!
As I suspected.....its claim amount rather than actual vehicles stolen. But then I guess claim amount is what determines premiums so it makes sense.

·
Registered
717 Posts
This is correct, it's related to the theft of the HID assemblies from the 2002 and 2003 Maxima's, not the theft of the entire car.

The article goes on to say that's also why the Escalade is on top of the list. Because of the expensive aftermarket wheels and tires that apparently just "move" from one escalade to another one.

·
5,244 Posts
So, statistic do not lie, statisticians do....:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts