Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some chipping on my front bumper, and I'm interested in looking into purchasing a bra for my 2004 Murano (white). I also have the option of purchasing the re-touching paint, but I'm curious to see what the Murano looks like wearing a bra.

Does anyone have any pics or links so I can decide which way to go with my decision?

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
You are best to get the touch up paint and repair the damage first.

Then you have three choices

1- Invisible bra - Basically a piece of clear plastic that goes over the front bumper, hood, fenders and lights. Offers good overal protection but is not removable (removable but not reusable) - Most expensive

2- Full leather bra - Covers the same area as invisible bra. Offers good protection and is removable but usually comes in black only. It is removable and reusable but is harder to care for as it will let moisture under it and also has the possiblty of "flapping' while driving which could damage the paint - Costs around $100

3- Magnet bra - Offers protection only for the hood where most of the chips happen to occure - Removable and reusable and comes in black or white - It costs about $50.

I chose magnetbra because for me the only area that was heavily chiped was the hood. Bumper is already rupper so I do not have any chips there. Here is a link to a picture of it in my gallery. I think it looks good.

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Two years going and I still love the Colgan bra I have. Fits like a glove and no frontal dings!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent!

Thanks for the fast replies. I'll be looking into investing in a Colgan Bra as soon as next week. I'm pretty sure I can find some good online vendors. I'll be posting pics as soon as I snap some.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have had the Colgan T Style bra for almost 6 months now. I use it all the time. I dont think you could find a bra with more protection. You also should protect the hood as well. I have 3 pictures of it on the gallery. Its really easy to install. good luck. :7:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice Bra Turkey. I'm not sure how it'll look on my white MO though, I'll have to do some photoshop work to determine if it'a a good look or not.

Thanks

·
Registered
286 Posts
that colgan bra must be for muranos without fog lights uh,or do the sell one with foglights cut outs?

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
The colgan bra has foglight cutouts. At least mine has it. The only option for this product is whether you want the black, or carbon fiber finish (costs more). And there is also a license plate cutout if you want that.

The state I live in does not require a front plate, so I just got the normal bra in black without the cutout. Someone kindly linked a picture a few posts above, you can check it out.

Turkey's MO appears to be the S model without the standard foglights - thats why that bra doesn't have the fog light holes.

·
Registered
286 Posts
nice ,yeah I live in FL they dont require front plate either,but I have the frame on it cuz bought out of state, thinking it might look neat a chrome nissan license plate over the colgan bra.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts