Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I didn't want to hi-jack the other thread so I started a new one. There was a discussion of where to buy a toy model or hot wheels type sized car of the Nissan Murano. I found this website which is in the UK, listing both the Sunlit Copper and the Sheer Silver. They are right hand drive models though and list for 19.99 British pounds. If I calculate correctly, that means $38 US or $48.53 Canadian.

I would buy one depending on shipping, I am in Hawaii and things always cost more to ship out here.

Check out the link here: (type in Nissan Murano in the Quick Search Box)

http://www.modelenium.co.uk/models/models.asp

They list a phone and fax number as well as an email address which I think I'll check on to make sure these guys are the real deal.

·
Registered
763 Posts
YES!!!! :D :D :D Finally an SS version! :cool:

But their picture is an actual MO, not a model? :confused:

·
Registered
982 Posts
"Hey all, I didn't want to hi-jack the other thread so I started a new one. "

Yo... hi-jack? this is why i started that thread to gain this type of information... thanks for posting it. I think Jaak should move it over though so it's all in one thread if that's okay w/ melekalikimaka & Jaak?

Thanks for posting this info melekalikimaka !!

·
Registered
593 Posts
melekalikimaka said:
I found this website which is in the UK, listing both the Sunlit Copper and the Sheer Silver. They are right hand drive models though
The description says it's a right hand drive Murano, but it looks like a leftie to me: link

(Maybe melekalikimaka meant "Hi Jaak" instead of "hi-jack") ;)

·
Registered
763 Posts
melekalikimaka - I forgot to say "Merry Christmas" back to you!

We're going to be back to the islands for a couple of weeks in June & we can't wait.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Hmmmmm.... I want the silver one, but I have to put in ALL my info before I can even get a total price. E-mail address, name, street address, even my credit card. Sorry, but no. If someone else wants to risk their info first, let me know how it goes.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
This is the same J-collections diecast that has been out for a few months now. I bought the Sunlit Copper one when it came out initially, and I would NOT recommend it. The dimensions of the model are all wrong - its much too long. At first I thought, its just an optical illusion but then I measured the model and compared it to the actual dimensions of an actual Murano. The model is actually about 25% too long (or 25% not tall enough), so it looks kind of awkward (and not like a real Murano, which looks much better).

Its too bad this is the only model Murano out there (yeah I know they have silver coming out, but it will still be too long).

·
Registered
763 Posts
Corin - I've already been there & faced that same uneacceptable challenge, too much info.

I sent them an email to get more details first & I ran the idea of a group buy price by them. It was worth a shot. ;)

Eric - I'm the last guy that would ever accept shoudy work or measurements, but I really want one for my desk! :eek:

·
Registered
763 Posts
How many of you would be interested in a model for a group buy price?

Hi Jeff, the manufacturer has not issued a picture of the model yet. The price for one is £19.99 less UK Vat = £17.01, plus P&P of £7.25, total approx $45.00. If you can let me know what sort of quantity I can then do some sums and see what we can do for you, best regards

Phil

Modelenium
Enquiries at Modelenium [[email protected]]

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
KSmurano said:
How many of you would be interested in a model for a group buy price?
I'm in for the silver if the shipping charges aren't outrages. If we get a good discount on a group buy, I might even get 2 (one for work desk, one for home desk) :4:

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I would personally wait for ewacars to have it (www.ewacars.com). Their price will be around $20-25US, and shipping the standard UPS rates. Much cheaper than $45.

Trust me, this is NOT worth it for $50. Its neat, but like I said, the dimensions are wrong, and its like they designed it from looking at photographs and not using the actual vehicle dimensions.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
KSMurano, thanks for taking the initiative. Count me in with the group buy as well. I dunno, the novelty is worth the price to me :) I hope you'll enjoy your hot Hawaiian summer.

Eric, any idea if/when the ewacars.com one will become available?

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
melekalikimaka said:
KSMurano, thanks for taking the initiative. Count me in with the group buy as well. I dunno, the novelty is worth the price to me :) I hope you'll enjoy your hot Hawaiian summer.

Eric, any idea if/when the ewacars.com one will become available?
I actually bought mine from ewacars a few months ago. I do not know why they are not selling it now - either they've run out, or it was wasn't a popular item.

I just wish there was a better model out there!

·
Registered
982 Posts
Gonzo said:
I would buy one if I found a Black SL.
Could accesserize this model? I would need to add cross bars, a sunroof, the front tube bar and nerfs... hummm, take it to the diecast body shop to get it painted platinum also. :2:

·
Registered
593 Posts
For another cool little Murano (and free!), try these links. (I see these were posted here by dmako about a year ago as well, but may deserve a repeat.) They're in Japanese, and the text in the PDFs may not load fully, but you can get a white or sunlit copper version there. Just remember to keep your eye on the line and watch those curves! :roadtrip:

Main page
White Murano PDF
Sunlit Copper Murano PDF

Tips: If you get Acrobat Reader errors when loading the PDF file because it's in Japanese, just ignore them and the main page should still load properly. Print at full size and select to only print page 1 to avoid a print error. Light cardstock may work best.

·
Registered
982 Posts
zofsuvs said:
For another cool little Murano (and free!), try these links. (I see these were posted here by dmako about a year ago as well, but may deserve a repeat.) They're in Japanese, and the text in the PDFs may not load fully, but you can get a white or sunlit copper version there. Just remember to keep your eye on the line and watch those curves! :roadtrip:

Main page
White Murano PDF
Sunlit Copper Murano PDF

Tips: If you get Acrobat Reader errors when loading the PDF file because it's in Japanese, just ignore them and the main page should still load properly. Print at full size and select to only print page 1 to avoid a print error. Light cardstock may work best.

Not as good as die cast... but at least I could color it the same color as my Mo !!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 45 Posts