Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,977 Posts
I doubt the CVT could handle it. At the least, they'd need to re-engineer the CVT to handle more power.

That said, it would be a fun package, as the Murano is one of the better-handling crossovers. But the market for it really isn't performance, it's a family carrier.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I agree that the current CVT wouldnt be able to handle it. I really dont think Nissan is going to invest money into a beefier CVT for just one model. As for "why not just use the beefier CVT in all models?"

Cost ..

"Why not throw in a different transmission?"

Nissan loves their CVT. Doubt it will happen.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I doubt the CVT could handle it. At the least, they'd need to re-engineer the CVT to handle more power.

That said, it would be a fun package, as the Murano is one of the better-handling crossovers. But the market for it really isn't performance, it's a family carrier.
I dont know, though. The new Juke uses a dual clutch automatic transmission. Could be a good fit for a sporty Murano.

·
Super Moderator
7,977 Posts
I dont know, though. The new Juke uses a dual clutch automatic transmission. Could be a good fit for a sporty Murano.
That's interesting! I'm more a fan of that approach, but that's kind of an exception with Nissan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts