Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,047 Posts
I doubt the CVT could handle it. At the least, they'd need to re-engineer the CVT to handle more power.

That said, it would be a fun package, as the Murano is one of the better-handling crossovers. But the market for it really isn't performance, it's a family carrier.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I agree that the current CVT wouldnt be able to handle it. I really dont think Nissan is going to invest money into a beefier CVT for just one model. As for "why not just use the beefier CVT in all models?"

Cost ..

"Why not throw in a different transmission?"

Nissan loves their CVT. Doubt it will happen.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I doubt the CVT could handle it. At the least, they'd need to re-engineer the CVT to handle more power.

That said, it would be a fun package, as the Murano is one of the better-handling crossovers. But the market for it really isn't performance, it's a family carrier.
I dont know, though. The new Juke uses a dual clutch automatic transmission. Could be a good fit for a sporty Murano.

·
Super Moderator
8,047 Posts
I dont know, though. The new Juke uses a dual clutch automatic transmission. Could be a good fit for a sporty Murano.
That's interesting! I'm more a fan of that approach, but that's kind of an exception with Nissan.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
your'e saying the CVT can't handle an additional 75 Horsepower? This car is pretty sluggish and i'd like a sporty SUV without dropping dough for a Range Rover or Beamer

·
Registered
502 Posts
your'e saying the CVT can't handle an additional 75 Horsepower? This car is pretty sluggish and i'd like a sporty SUV without dropping dough for a Range Rover or Beamer
There is the Ford Edge ST. Closer in price to a Murano than a Landrover or BMW.

·
Super Moderator
8,047 Posts
Really, for a sport edition all they need is to re-map the CVT for some aggressive "shift" points, including downshifts as the vehicle slows; change the feedback in the power steering system; and come up with sport seats. That would qualify as sport mode for most vehicles.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Maybe add some painted rims with better looking calipers behind it. Tweak the exhaust to be a little throaty. I agree with pilgrim, just changing the shift points would make it feel more sporty.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Maybe add some painted rims with better looking calipers behind it. Tweak the exhaust to be a little throaty. I agree with pilgrim, just changing the shift points would make it feel more sporty.
Well, I've already got the good looking calipers, lol, but the biggest improvement was to install a throttle controller. Read my follow up after using it for a month.

For $81, it's probably worth buying just to see if it makes driving your Murano more enjoyable. It defiantly brings a smile to my face now when I get a chance to step on it. No more low-end drag.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well, I've already got the good looking calipers, lol, but the biggest improvement was to install a throttle controller. Read my follow up after using it for a month.

For $81, it's probably worth buying just to see if it makes driving your Murano more enjoyable. It defiantly brings a smile to my face now when I get a chance to step on it. No more low-end drag.

Have a good day.
Hey Paul,

Can’t seem to find the throttle controller you mentioned. Got a link? How did you improve the looks of the calipers? They appear too rough to paint & get good results. Probably just cast and not machined I’d guess. Covers? Aftermarket? Have any pictures of them?

Thanks!

·
Registered
845 Posts
Here's the same thing by a different distributer, labeled with a different name. Send pic of pedal connector and year/model when ordering.

Follow this tread to post #129 for a few photos of my calibers and upgraded braking system. If you don't mind a long read, this entire thread is of custom upgrades that I've done to my Murano, along with another fella named Assad who also did quite a few custom upgrades himself.

You can also search my name for other posts of upgrades not listed in the above post.

Lots of nice upgrades out there if you take the time to look. Also, sometimes you have to think outside the box.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here's the same thing by a different distributer, labeled with a different name. Send pic of pedal connector and year/model when ordering.

Follow this tread to post #129 for a few photos of my calibers and upgraded braking system. If you don't mind a long read, this entire thread is of custom upgrades that I've done to my Murano, along with another fella named Assad who also did quite a few custom upgrades himself.

You can also search my name for other posts of upgrades not listed in the above post.

Lots of nice upgrades out there if you take the time to look. Also, sometimes you have to think outside the box.

Have a good day.
Thanks Paul. Will take a look.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts