Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to get a nice Nissan or Murano Keyring, does anyone know where I might get one? Anyone have one?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have two of the Hamburger style keyrings. They gave them to me when we bought our Murano. :D

They are kind of useless though. Both main sets are used with Key fobs. Use one of the hamburger style with the Valet Key.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Fstrnu said:
I have two of the Hamburger style keyrings. They gave them to me when we bought our Murano. :D

They are kind of useless though. Both main sets are used with Key fobs. Use one of the hamburger style with the Valet Key.
My dealer told me there was no Valet key when I bought my 04. Where they lying to me? Did you get one?

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
I got one, it was in my manual.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
I got one. GRIP :D

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Looks like I have been had by my trusted dealer... :3:

Does the valet key have a built in transponder? I guess it should if it is going to start the car.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
zebelkhan said:

My dealer told me there was no Valet key when I bought my 04. Where they lying to me? Did you get one?
Assuming you bought your Murano new, you should have received 3 keys from your dealer.

2 black full service keys and 1 red valet key.

I would insist on getting all the keys you were supposed to get.

Odds are your dealer lost the valet key.

Have the dealer make you another key so you have 3.

For free.

If you have to buy one they cost around $50 for the transponder blank and programming.
:runaway:

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
MVTCFP said:
Assuming you bought your Murano new, you should have received 3 keys from your dealer.
2 black full service keys and 1 red valet key.
I would insist on getting all the keys you were supposed to get.
Odds are your dealer lost the valet key.
Have the dealer make you another key so you have 3.
For free.
If you have to buy one they cost around $50 for the transponder blank and programming. :runaway:
Thanks. When I bought my car it only had one key. They had lost the other one as the dealership was going thru construction at that time. They made a second key for me (and a fob) when I picked up the car but when I asked them about the Valet key they said because of the transponder, these Muranos do not come with one!
I just called them up and they offered to give me a key when I go in for my next oil change in a couple of weeks. I think I will ask for a free fob for my troubles as well.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
zebelkhan said:

They made a second key for me (and a fob) when I picked up the car but when I asked them about the Valet key they said because of the transponder, these Muranos do not come with one!
Talk about an in-your-face outright lie.

Unless your Murano was the first car this dealer ever sold that had the transponder technology....

I guess anything's possible.

I wouldn't fight too hard for the remote fob, I got one for 99 cents on Ebay. OK. the guy banged for for $6 shipping, but still, they can be had cheap.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong.... is the only difference between the vallet key and the normal key is that the vallet key will not unlock the glove box or center console?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Gonzo said:
Correct me if I'm wrong.... is the only difference between the vallet key and the normal key is that the vallet key will not unlock the glove box or center console?
That's the difference. If you notice, the valet key is a tad shorter. I had a Maxima, and the valet key would not open the trunk either. But with only one keyhole on the MO.....

·
38 Posts
Hey everyone,

You definately should have gotten a valet key. In fact, I dunno if it was the same for everyone else,But on my valet set of keys there was also a small metal rectangle on there with a printed code. That code is super important because if you ever loose your keys, thats the only way they can make you a new set! It would worry me if I didnt get this code or valet keys because that means someone else could potentially have the keys to your Vehicle or make keys to it.
I would honestly go back there and make sure you dont leave without your valet keys... and a few free oil changes for your troubles!

Good luck with everything,
Jackie:4:

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
You are right!!!!

I dodn't even think about the code. I am not really worried because they still need to program the new key with my car before they can use it but still............

Thanks for the reminder.

·
Registered
40 Posts
yea, i didnt get one either, i called the guy who sold me my car and he asid he asked his manager and he said htey dont come with one, so what hsould i do? how can i pruve they come with one??

·
4,601 Posts
As far as I know, they all come with a Valet key. I got that plus two regular keys.

Ask him again and when he says no, ask him for Nissan North America's phone number to enquire with them.

For fun, you could ask him the legal name of his dealership, as well. Just to confirm, wink wink, nudge nudge...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts