Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to get best Nissan experience/service? Look for this sign (see photo). It is awarded to:

"The Nissan Owner First Award of Excellence is the highest award presented by Nissan North America to our Dealers. This award recognized Nissan's top Dealers from across the nation who were able to meet the high standards of achievement for the Owner First Award of Excellence. It recognizes those Dealerships that embody the philosophy and vision for Nissan Owner First Award of Excellence. that is, to endeavor to provide our customers with an outstanding ownership experience, from the showroom through every aspect of the dealership. Basically, putting our owners first.
• Scores for Dealerships were measured on a multitude of criteria including Nissan's Owner First, survey, which was sent to each of our customers following the purchase of a new Nissan vehicle or service on their current Nissan

The Nissan Owner First Award of Excellence dealers are recognized for consistently living up to the high standards of excellence!"

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Good to know, will look out for this symbol-hope there are lots of them!

·
Registered
828 Posts
During my visits to my service area who wouldn't install a new alternator till I received the paper work (still havn't) till I conatacted Nissan.
Who then ordered the wrong alternator. Who has been trying to fix my vibration issue for well over 9 months.
Who never got rid of the B pilar rattle.
Who won't install the metal gas tank fix.

Had this sign displayed.

Now during the last re-visit it's gone.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
This must be the sign in front of the places that bust YOUR butt (not theirs) to get all 10s.
"If you can't give us all 10's call me....."
Then you call them and they try to weasel you.....
"well, listen if you give us a 10 anyway, I'll throw in a free oil change and promise you that we will clean the grease off your leather and we won't dent your hood next time........."

I started completely neutral with Nissan.
It took them awhile to prove to me that they have the worst dealer network of all the majors. It will take them a awhile to get back to neutral, much less to the point where I feel they are really "10".

But, it's a start. Maybe.

Homer

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Is the owner referred to the owner of the dealership?

:D

·
Registered
89 Posts
The dealership that delivered my Mo (I bought it through CarsDirect), which I will NEVER go to again, has received this "award" for the last several years. Both times I have been to the dealership after taking delivery, the service manager has followed me to the cashier's desk, stood behind me and signalled to the cashier not to give me a survey.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Insight: Close Friend a Nissan Dealer Service Manager

Folks,

OK...want the inside skinny on why Nissan Dealer Service sucks? Simple...Nissan nickle and dimes the dealership service departments to death. True story: $3000 warranty repair, held up by Nissan, because they dispute a .79 "variance" from accepted shipping costs, to get parts. Seriously...my buddy tells me that Nissan is "penny wise and pound foolish". He also told me that its the reason why the MO has "weird" configurations, based on country. They make EVERY option decision based on marketing information about who would buy what. If they can't prove that folks will buy an option, they don't offer it. Bluetooth? iPod integration? Nope...not in North America, evidently...at least not Murano owners. Titan owners, Xterra owners, sure. So...is it any wonder that Nissan has become hugely profitable, in the short term? Because they simply don't take the "long-term" perspective, when it comes to customers, product, or service offerings. They don't care about keeping you as a customer, they only care about what you buy next from them.

The sick thing...is their product engineering is still better than most U.S. automakers...even with a Machiavellian attitude like that.

Regards,

Big

·
5,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
big_daddy_mpd

what you said is true for most of the big corporations. Wall Street demands earnings every quarter, there is no time for long-term strategy. One exception is possibly Toyota. I have seen recently number of companies pull out of stock exchange because they have longterm strategy they want to concentrate on and do not want distractions from investors or rather stack/profit takers.

Here is an excerpt from a inter-company memo. It will tell you about "cash flow management". And that what Nissan account payable is doing with the dealers.

“…if each of our businesses were to process and collect their customer bills just one day faster, it would mean about $365 million in additional cash for the company. Or reducing our inventory by just 10% would have a cash effect of roughly $2.1 billion…”

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Attitude is altiude as they say

The know it all guys are just that. Problem is they don't know what they don't know and thefor will never learn.

The only way I have ever found to overcome the dealer is to go out of my way to make a personal relationship with a few of the decision makers in the dealership. The sales manager, The Service Manager and the parts manager. I spend time with them, Bring an extra coffee and set of donughts. It pays off.

I know why should you have to do this? to get the service you deserve. You don't, but for me I have found it works, I showed then every gaget on the Mod Mo I spent time asking about them, etc.

I would always ask Where do you get coffee and say how do you take yours?

·
Registered
111 Posts
So True Grip!

Gripper's got a point. This buddy of mine that's the Service Manager at the Nissan Dealer I bought my replacement '06. We drink beer and eat wings at BW3's at least 1-2 times per month...know him well...he's a great guy...and I've got a great relationship with him. My '06 was delivered, with, of all things, the "Service Engine Soon" idiot light on. Yup, 6 miles on the ODO, and THAT light is on. Checked gas cap, other things...still on. So, I take it back the next day...when he's there. He PERSONALLY stops what he's doing, reads the computer, and decides it's one of those "fluke" sensor problems. Turns it off, and tells me if it comes on again, that he'd order the part. Well, it did, just so happens, on a day when we were "imbibing", and you know what he does? He goes to work the next day...orders the replacement part, CALLS ME ON MY PERSONAL CELL PHONE (hey, we have each other's number, how do you think we link up at the watering hole), and tells me the part's ordered.

My whole point of posting, is that he's given me some inside perspective on the fact that in many cases, the Service Department WANTS to give you good service, and the fact that they get their parts from Nissan, is the problem. Oh, yeah, he's got a dealership owner (his boss) who doesn't realize that Service "pays the bills". True, sales makes the profits, but Service pays for the overhead of the dealership. Without Service there'd be no profits...because they'd be eaten up paying for the daily overhead. Anyway, customer service is becoming a lost art...simply because folks lose the perspective that the customer is king, if only because they have money, and as a business, you want money!

Regards,

Big

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
The year is 2006.
It is never anybody's fault anymore.
It's always somebody or something else.

Homer

·
Registered
89 Posts
So, basically, if you bring coffee and doughnuts or are the best friend of the service manager, you'll get good service. If neither of these, expect to get treated like crap.

Do I have that right?

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Customer Service is more than a slogan printed on a poster or plaque hanging on a wall. Customer Service is a belief that must begin at the top levels of an organization and supported throughout.

-njjoe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts