Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on recommendations from this site, I placed an order for a trailer hitch and wiring harness from Nissan Parts 4 Less. The site seemed good, the prices were good, and the ordering process went well. I received a paypal email immediately saying that my $500 purchase was processed.

Two days later, I tried to contact the them through their website's "contact us" form asking for a delivery estimate. No response was received. 4 days after trying to contact them, I sent an email to the seller's contact email that was provided in the paypal email and to another email address that I found on the seller's website.

My email message to the seller's contact email from the paypal email was returned as undeliverable. The other person who I sent the email to responded almost immediately stating that the dealership that ran the website from which I purchased the parts from was sold in July 2005, and that he no longer worked there. He provided a telephone number for the new management that now runs the dealership.

I called the dealership and before I could explain what happened, they knew what the problem was because they have seen it numerous times before. When the dealership was sold, the website was still left operational. Payments were accepted from customers and sent to the paypal account of someone who no longer works there. The new dealership does not have access to the paypal account, and cannot actually receive any orders or issue refunds.

Thankfully this was done through paypal, so I shouldn't have any issues getting a refund through them.

Could one of the admins / moderators please go through the various posts on the site and remove any reference to Nissan Parts 4 Less? Hopefully this will stop others from going through the same issues I am going through now. If you would like, I can do the grunt work and search for the various threads recommending this site as a place to purchase parts.

Thanks!

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
jason1234-

That stinks!!

Paypal should cancel the account, and the dealership, NISSAN SOUTH, should take the initiative and bring down the website especially since their name is listed several times as the owner of the site.

-njjoe

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealship said that they don't know how to take down the site ... seems weird to me. I've sent a couple of emails to their parent company (united auto) but haven't received anything back yet.

·
Registered
132 Posts
No orders since last July of 2005 that were made went thru??

Nothing has been done on Nissan Parts 4 Less part to fix this?? more then half a later...

That is so hard to believe that this is the first we here are hearing of this!

Jason, let us know what they reply with... "Duh!" comes to mind :D

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just so you know, UNITED AUTO is just a holding company, they really don't have anything to do with day to day operations, but I will gladly get some action if you guys can get me some more Info, as I am also owned by United Auto, and can go right to the top of the Organization...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome! Thanks! I'll send you a PM with the info I have!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Here is the owner of the website:
Registrant:
Taylor Beskin (DOM-331920)
5607 Glenridge Dr Suite 390 (null) Atlanta GA 30342 US

Domain Name: nissanparts4less.com

Registrar Name: Markmonitor.com
Registrar Whois: whois.markmonitor.com
Registrar Homepage: http://www.markmonitor.com

Administrative Contact:
Domain Admin (NIC-1013457) The Cobalt Group
2200 1st Ave S Suite 400 Seattle WA 98134 US
+1.2062696363 Fax- +1.2062696350
Technical Contact, Zone Contact:
Domain Admin (NIC-1013459) The Cobalt Group
2200 1st Ave S Suite 400 Seattle WA 98134 US
+1.2062696363 Fax- +1.2062696350

Created on..............: 2003-Aug-25.
Expires on..............: 2007-Aug-25.
Record last updated on..: 2005-Nov-09 15:09:25.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.COBALTGROUP.COM
NS2.COBALTGROUP.COM

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the contact info! I'll give that a shot on Monday. I'm a student right now and am just finishing up exams for the semester .... I have 2 to write tomorrow. :(

I also noticed that none of the moderators jumped at my suggestion to remove the references to Nissan Parts 4 Less. This weekend, I'll go through the site and send PMs to the people who have posts containing links to the parts site asking them to edit their own posts and remove the references.

·
Registered
114 Posts
jason1234 said:
Thanks for the contact info! I'll give that a shot on Monday. I'm a student right now and am just finishing up exams for the semester .... I have 2 to write tomorrow. :(

I also noticed that none of the moderators jumped at my suggestion to remove the references to Nissan Parts 4 Less. This weekend, I'll go through the site and send PMs to the people who have posts containing links to the parts site asking them to edit their own posts and remove the references.
They just might be a little Busy, if you need any thing, feel free to contact me, or drop by our website www.YourNissanParts.com

·
5,244 Posts
jason1234 said:

Jason,

it is time consuming to go through all post and try to remove references ot the subject site. We all are busy. No, I do not have 2 exams tomorrow, I just have 4 interviews to do, review 2 projects, write two reports, rewrite two proposals, have a couple of conference calls and drive 400+ miles.........no, I am not complaining. Just trying to explain why we cannot do everything at once....

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I apologize for coming across as being insulting towards the moderators. I do recognize that it is a fair bit of work to do, and everyone is busy.

I meant my comment more as an announcement, so that there wasn't a duplication of effort ... I'd hate to spend Saturday morning sending PMs to all of the posters who posted about the site in question only to have one of the moderators spend all of Saturday afternoon doing the work themselves.

·
5,244 Posts
jason1234 said:
I apologize for coming across as being insulting towards the moderators. I do recognize that it is a fair bit of work to do, and everyone is busy.

I meant my comment more as an announcement, so that there wasn't a duplication of effort ... I'd hate to spend Saturday morning sending PMs to all of the posters who posted about the site in question only to have one of the moderators spend all of Saturday afternoon doing the work themselves.
No offence taken...;)

Good luck with your exams!

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
IMHO once a post is submitted, as long as it is not offensive or criminal, it should remain. It is part of the forum archives.

Instead of putting a band-aid on the problem by removing NissanParts4Less references, let's go to the source of the problem and get "them" to shut down the site. That's the right thing to do.

-njjoe

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
JUst jam tem with fake orders

Overload their mail box with bad orders and worthless paypal may have to do something.

·
5,244 Posts
Don,

that's a good idea! I ahve seen it done before with people whao complain they do not get enough information. So we sent them a lot of emails, with rather large attachements. Works everytime!

Seriously, maybe we should have a sticky thread listing bad online retailers. If you guys and gals think so I will make it happen.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Why do you guys want to screw over Pay Pal?
They are innocent.
Find a way to screw over the dealership if that is your thing, but keep your mitts off an innocent business.
That's just plain nuts.

A list of "bad" retailers might not be a bad idea. But it seems to me that the list would be one name long....

Homer

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
let's go to the source of the problem and get "them" to shut down the site
I've been trying ... nobody seems to be able to find the right person who has the power to shut it down, not even the dealership that took over from the old one. Their parts manager's solution is to just keep waiting for people who have placed orders to call and complain, then refer them to paypal to get their money back.

There has already been another NissanMurano.org member who is in the same situation as I am now: http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6606

At any rate, I'll start making some phone calls Monday to see if I can track down someone with administrative rights to the web server who can take down the website.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Kris said:
Seriously, maybe we should have a sticky thread listing bad online retailers. If you guys and gals think so I will make it happen.
:29: Good idea!

-njjoe

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Someone who has bought something simply has to submit an appropriate complaint to Paypal with all the details, and they SHOULD remove the offending member, making payment impossible.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It looks like I have finally found a way to contact a real person at paypal. All of my previous inquiries just directed me back to their automated complaint resolution centre. Hopefully this message to them gets some results.

Thanks for everyone's help and input!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts