Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received notice from Nissan Canada of the above recall. I'm to contact my local dealer's service dept to arrange an appointment to have this recall rectified. From the Nissan website, I obtained a list of parts required for the 2018 Nissan Murano AWD. This list includes 12 oz. of brake fluid. I have been procrastinating on having the fluid changed out as per the maintenance schedule P 9-11 of the owner's manual at 32 KM (24 mon.). My thought was that this fluid would be replaced by Nissan as part of the recall rather than me having to fork over $140.00 +/- for the service.
Does anyone have any experience with such a situation? Curious to know. I'd rather save my $$ than give it over to Nissan.
My Murano has 23400 KM at present.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Just received notice from Nissan Canada of the above recall. I'm to contact my local dealer's service dept to arrange an appointment to have this recall rectified. From the Nissan website, I obtained a list of parts required for the 2018 Nissan Murano AWD. This list includes 12 oz. of brake fluid. I have been procrastinating on having the fluid changed out as per the maintenance schedule P 9-11 of the owner's manual at 32 KM (24 mon.). My thought was that this fluid would be replaced by Nissan as part of the recall rather than me having to fork over $140.00 +/- for the service.
Does anyone have any experience with such a situation? Curious to know. I'd rather save my $$ than give it over to Nissan.
My Murano has 23400 KM at present.
Just had my ABS recall done at the dealer last month. My thinking was same as yours if brake fluid needed to be changed at 20k per owners manual. Dealer said dont bother changing brake fluid until 30k. They have been good to me for 10+ years, so inclined to trust them And wait.

Reactions: Pilgrim
1 - 2 of 2 Posts