Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just saw it on CNN. 2005 Sentra's are being recalled due to faulty gas tank which causes fuel vapors to evaporate which may start fire.

when would NHTSA realize the danger of alternator failure....

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
That reminds me, Cheryl Rhodes from NHTSA tried to call me on Thursday but I was not home. She is the investigator assigned to the Murano alternator study. I'll have to call NHTSA back on Monday.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Eric L...

Eric L: That reminds me, Cheryl Rhodes from NHTSA tried to call me on Thursday but I was not home. She is the investigator assigned to the Murano alternator study. I'll have to call NHTSA back on Monday.
Could you post her contact info in this forum in the case she gave you one? Who knows if there is a forum member who is really pissed off about his.her alt failure and want to vent to NHTSA rite? :D

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Re: Eric L...

SugarRushMurano said:

Could you post her contact info in this forum in the case she gave you one? Who knows if there is a forum member who is really pissed off about his.her alt failure and want to vent to NHTSA rite? :D

Calling this person directly and venting will not help I think. I think a better route would be to file a complaint through NHTSA and do it the official way.

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Calling this person directly and venting will not help I think. I think a better route would be to file a complaint through NHTSA and do it the official way.
Eric is right, i filed the complain and was contacted by a lady. called her back and she said, she will call me back as she is in the middle of something... and since then i guess she is still stuck in the middle....... lol

i guess her name was Rose.

so go ahead with filing the complaint, no matter if you are in Canada or US. NHTSA actually does care about the people on the road.

too bad transporation canada has no such thing or even an open inquiry about the alternature failure.

·
Registered
593 Posts
hasaanbhutta said:
so go ahead with filing the complaint, no matter if you are in Canada or US. NHTSA actually does care about the people on the road.
Yup. The DOT/NHTSA has apparently been very good about following up with phone calls on complaints submitted to their website.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts