Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting information on Nissan February sales:

DETROIT, March 1 (Reuters) - Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. (7201.T: Quote, Profile, Research) on Tuesday said its U.S. sales rose about 10 percent in February, boosted in part by record results for its Altima sedan and Murano crossover vehicle.
Nissan's sales rose to 82,412 cars and trucks, Jed Connelly, the company's head of sales and marketing for North America, told Reuters.

"It was a good month, it wasn't a great month," he added, saying Japan's second-largest automaker had slightly underperformed its own expectations for February.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I think they still have a ways to go to reach 1 million. Could be a sign of more incentives... if push comes to shove.

·
Registered
62 Posts
When I was at my local Nissan dealer a couple weeks ago looking at the Maxima he told me that they were about 15,000 cars away from the million goal at that time. He thought they would make the goal easily. Or he could have been yanking my chain.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Nissan Joins the Million Club

From the Car Connection:

Nissan has become one of six automakers to sell more than a million vehicles within a 12-month period, the company proudly announced on Thursday. Nissan says its third straight year of record sales helped it reach the mark it passed at 11:14 a.m. "This is the first time in Nissan North America's history we've ever sold one million units in a year. We're extremely happy with not only meeting our fiscal year objective, but also by breaking our own sales records," said Jed Connelly, senior vice president, sales and marketing, NNA. Nissan credits its wave of new products that have emerged since 1998 - including the Altima, Pathfinder, Titan, and Infiniti FX series - as the keys to its success in the marketplace.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
"Nissan credits its wave of new products that have emerged since 1998 - including the Altima, Pathfinder, Titan, and Infiniti FX series - as the keys to its success in the marketplace."

Seems they often forget the Murano.

Of course the Murano is still not a big seller.

Homer

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
a murano?

Nissan has become one of six automakers to sell more than a million vehicles within a 12-month period, the company proudly announced on Thursday. Nissan says its third straight year of record sales helped it reach the mark it passed at 11:14 a.m
Was it a murano that break the 1,000,000 number?
It would have been cool, if that way!

·
4,664 Posts
Nissan North America Reports February Sales [Mar. 1, 05]

NNA Sales Up 10.1 Percent Accounting for Best February

GARDENA, Calif. (March 1, 2005) – Nissan North America, Inc. (NNA) reported February total sales of 82,412 units for its Nissan and Infiniti divisions, a 10.1 percent increase versus February of last year.

NISSAN HIGHLIGHTS
- February sales for Nissan-brand vehicles were up 11.2 percent when compared to last year with 72,625 units sold accounting for its best February
- Altima (19,044 units sold), Murano (5,743 units sold), Armada (3,212 units sold) and Titan (6,894 units sold) had their best February
- Calendar year-to-date sales are up 14.3 percent with 140,496 units sold

INFINITI HIGHLIGHTS
- Sales for Infiniti were up 2.9 percent from last February with 9,787 units sold accounting for its best February
- Calendar year-to-date sales are up 1.9 percent with 18,500 units sold

NNA INFORMATION
- It was the best February in Nissan North America’s history
- Combined February sales for Nissan and Infiniti totaled 82,412 units, a 10.1 percent increase over last year
- Calendar year-to-date sales are up 12.7 percent with 158,996 units sold

In North America, NNA’s operations include automotive styling, engineering, consumer and corporate financing, sales and marketing, distribution and manufacturing. More information on NNA and the complete line of Nissan and Infiniti vehicles can be found online at www.nissannews.com or by contacting the corporate media line at 310/771-5631.

Attachments

·
Registered
564 Posts
March sales figures are out. In summary:

NISSAN HIGHLIGHTS

· Best month ever for Nissan Division

· March sales for Nissan-brand vehicles were up 13.8 percent when compared to last year with 92,221 units sold accounting for its best March

· Pathfinder (7,345 units sold), Murano (7,131 units sold), Armada (4,156 units sold) and Titan (8,202 units sold) had their best March

· Calendar year-to-date sales are up 14.4 percent with 232,717 units sold

INFINITI HIGHLIGHTS

· Best month ever for Infiniti Division

· Sales for Infiniti were up 5.3 percent from last March with 13,583 units sold

· Exceeded pre-sell unit goal of the all-new M with 1,400 sold

· Calendar year-to-date sales are up 3.8 percent with 32,083 units sold

NNA INFORMATION

· It was the best fiscal year and March in NNA history with 1,013,295 units sold

· It was the first time in NNA history to sell over 100,000 units in one month

· Combined March sales for Nissan and Infiniti totaled 105,804 units, a 12.6 percent increase over last year

· Calendar year-to-date sales are up 13.0 percent with 264,800 units sold

·
Registered
49 Posts
Go Datsun!

·
Registered
777 Posts
hfelknor said:
Of course the Murano is still not a big seller.

Homer [/B]
Homer, compared to what? What are you basing this negative statement on?

As I review the 2/05 YTD sales tables the Murano beats the:
Armada
Quest
Xterrra
350Z
& every model line that INFINITI makes, including a combined FX35 & FX45 figure.

It is within 500 units of the Maxima & 800 units of the new Frontier.

Fot the month of March it was within 200 units of the new Pathfinder which is supposed to be a sales leader.

·
4,664 Posts
That's why I see them everywhere I turn... So we must have a ton of lurkers.. C'mon, stop lurking, pop your head up and say hi!

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
"Homer, compared to what?"

Compared to it's competition.
Kind of a crazy idea, huh? I do things like that occasionally.:p
I never compare sales of a crossover SUV to a sports car or a 4 dr sedan or pickup, believing that the market is different for them.

Check the Pilot and Highlander.
Two V6 crossovers.

and that is NOT a negative statement.
It's accurate.

It's good news/bad news.
Good - you really don't see yourself all over the place. I know that we think that we see a LOT of Muranos, but believe me if you had bought a silver Highlander, you would allways be seeing yourself.

Bad - Not as many accessories, aftermarket performance parts, etc available.

And it's the same for Nissan

Good - The murano has hit it's sales projections every year. Back when we didn't know if they were going to make enuf to sustain production, we found speeches where they pointed at 50,000/60,000 units per year.

BTW , note the big jump in Murano sales last month.
And the falloff of the big SUVs. (Not the ARMADA, it was too new to count last year)
SUVs like big Fords and Big GMs were down last month.

Gas prices helping the Murano sales?
Or have we reached some sort of critical mass where the more people see, the more they buy?

I think it's a combination of a lot of things, but the sudden jump?
Gas prices IMO.

Homer

·
Registered
777 Posts
As you stated the sales of the Murano are meeting/beating Nissans internal projections.
So I doubt Nissan shares your opinion. :D

My point was that within Nissan/Infiniti only 5-6 of their 20 total models that they sell have higher volumes (thats the only data this thread actually contains).
I haven't seen any specific category data on SUV's but just looking at volumes within Nissan.

If you have you seen a comparison on this segment, I would really like to see it. :confused:

The question is, in your competition comparison how does the MO compare to the similar models including the Chevy Equinox, Pontiac Aztek (Ha Ha), Saturn Vue, Ford Escape, Kia Sorento, Mitsubishi Endeavor, Acura MDX, & the list goes on & on. And even without seeing any figures I would agree that Honda & Toyota are going to be the volume sellers by type, but as we all agree, its fun to be different with the MO. :cool:

I would also agree with you that gas prices are rising & will change the mix even further.
And IMO MO sales will be helped by the high price of crude which we all agree makes us :3:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Unfortunately, I can't find the article...But, I thought Nissan originally targeted somewhere in the 50-60,000 unit sale range each year for North American. They're doing better than now!

I did find these sales expections for the MO elsewhere in the world:
Japan: Sales target: 1,000 units/month - Link
UK: Sales target of just 1,000 Muranos per year - Link

FX - Infiniti conservatively estimates yearly sales for both FX models combined at 30,000. - Link

Also, found this Article from June '04 that South Africa would be getting the MO.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts