Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nissan is planning to discontinue production of MO after 2006, as Nissan internal research has shown that MO is seriously undercutting its FX Infinity line.

In year 2007, the CVT will be available as an option in FX40, an intervening enhanced FX-35.

Too bad, this is same story as Honda decided to drop the cute CRV (correction CRX) as it was undercutting Honda prelude sales.

I am mad :3:

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Haha oeuf on your face!

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Good one.
I was hanging in with you CveeT, untill you pointed out that the CRV was discontinued because it was undercutting the Prelude.

Of course the CRV is still being made and rarely does an SUV undercut a sport model. :p

But a good one none the less.

Homer

·
4,664 Posts
Considering the sales figures for the Murano, they'd end up cutting people too, if they did that!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hfelknor said:
Good one.
I was hanging in with you CveeT, untill you pointed out that the CRV was discontinued because it was undercutting the Prelude.

Of course the CRV is still being made and rarely does an SUV undercut a sport model. :p

But a good one none the less.

Homer
I meant Honda CIVIC-CRX

http://www.crxsi.com/resources/album/pages/dd6vsk.htm

Not a big fan of Honda so confused, but
this was the only Honda I would have bought, this was discontinued just as its buyers were Prelude potentials

No surprise it was called POCKET-ROCKET

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Actually, that doesn't hold any water either. The CRX was actually converted into the Del Sol, basically to make it a little more sporty.

I had both. I liked my CRX better, but after it got totalled by the stupid insurance agent, I couldn't find another one with less than 100k miles, so I had to go for a Del Sol.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
SHow me the article....

of this plan to stop murano. Of course, this sounds like a good April fools.

·
4,664 Posts
Well they have discontinued the Murano... It's a fact. The Luminous Gold is no longer available.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Drawbacks aside; if they did discontinue MO, just think of how envious the world would be of those who already have one.
:1:

·
Registered
758 Posts
Changes

If they do intend to change the Murano for 2006, they are very secretive. Just look at Edmunds, Autoblog, etc... There are always spy photos or information regarding future years. There is nothing for 2006 Murano. But then again, there was not much out there that I recall on the 05 until it was almost off the boats.

·
4,664 Posts
They can push the design another year, no problem, as they've just brought it out in Europe.

I see some cosmetic changes for 2007, they'll go another two years like that, then a substantial appearance change in 2009.

Just my guess, based on observing what they've done with other models.

Although, the Pathfinder looked the same for quite a while....

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
i wonder what the new muranos will look like. probably will never look as cool as these ones. i think for the 06 freshning they may have LED tailights.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
IMO...........

They will not do much. Just some updating now and then.
Just let it die.......and come out with a "replacement" (But totally different vehicle) like they did PF.
When? When sales drop below some target point.

Just my opinion.

Homer

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Must admit that Nissan is really bold when it comes to adopting new shapes.

I have just watched Nissan Maxima metmorporphise into really stylish and trend breaking styles. And changes are always bold and eye-catching.

·
Registered
74 Posts
CVeeT

...never confirmed that this was an April Fools joke? Soooo, is it? I believe so!

Now, if they wanted to change one thing in 06, let it be known that I want AMBER BLINKERS! =)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: CVeeT

BordeauxMo said:
...never confirmed that this was an April Fools joke? Soooo, is it? I believe so!

Now, if they wanted to change one thing in 06, let it be known that I want AMBER BLINKERS! =)

of course, Sure it was :2:

Did not fly too well though, too many smart bozos on this site :)

but on a serius note, I am pretty sure, MO cuts into infinity sales. I for one, was gonna buy Infinity fx 35, if there was no such thing as a MO.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Another thing to consider is...

If the muranos sell so well and canibalized infiniti fx sales, then from business perspective, wont it be make more sense to STOP the FX model ?

Recalling VW 's phaeton and audi A8. The goal is noble, to provide cheaper alternative to the A8 and still have the VW/audi luxs. But the idea never sell well. In the end, the phaetons are stopped .

·
4,664 Posts
It's true! After 2005, the 2005 Murano will no longer be available as an orderable product. It may actually be discontinued before the end of the year.

At which point, there are plans to bring out a 2006 model.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts