Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
i'm amazed at how wicked it is. it's like a mini MO. and the fact that you can get the intelli key and cvt or 6 speed manual!!!. that's awesome.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Versa

I see the Versa has an auxiliary input for the stereo. When is Nissan going to realize that it is not only teenagers that use iPods. The Mo should have this feature added!!

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Re: Versa

pcs15394 said:
I see the Versa has an auxiliary input for the stereo. When is Nissan going to realize that it is not only teenagers that use iPods. The Mo should have this feature added!!
Yes. However, you can very easily add your own for under $100 with the PAC aux input unit.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
MOFisch said:
Anyone else see this?
Nissan is displaying the Versa on its website, very Mo-like. It has the CVT also! Loooks pretty good for a small car.

http://www.nissanusa.com/content/0,,action-NVersa_topicId-1_pageId-123147,00.html
I hope Nissan doesn't overprice it. This is supposed to a Toyota Yaris (Echo replacement) / Honda Fit competitor, not a replacement for the Sentra. As such, Nissan has to keep prices low. Judging by preliminary pricing info on the website, this will not happen.

The pricing of a fully loaded Versa seems to creep dangerously into Mazda 3 territory.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Eric

I have seriously considered the PAC, for my iPod and for my iWay 500 NAV. I agree with you. Just venting. Seems since they are putting the aux in in other vehicles maybe they would consider changing the Mo. They probably don't want to go to the expense of changing it because of all that is involved. My only concern with the PAC adaptor is what I have been reading on this forum the past couple of days regarding the noise levels on the inputs.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Kinda looks Scion-ish to me... Like their little xA.

·
Love to live w/ MO
410 Posts
yep... nissan is now trying to get sub-compact market as well by swooping in with versa in cvt... i sat in one at dealership and it looks like a cockpit.... only the windshield part... rest the interior is not very nice .... but again, after getting used to MO's interior nohing seems nice.....

but with CVT as an option and still under 20k CDN, its a very nice vehicle and its is ROOMY..... i had my front seat adjusted and then walked into back seat and boy was it ever roomy..... (im 6'2").... then one more thing i liked about it was getting in and out.... with MO an average height guy would probably try a bit to get into ... but in versa, you just glide in.....

didnt get a chance to test drive it.... but will do it someday .....

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
they've been out for a bit over a month now and i see at least one a day. now that really surprises me. this is gonna be a major hit for nissan.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Eric L:

This is a repost from earlier in the year. This might help with your PAC iPod question:

As some of you may know, I've have a direct audio connect via an older Pacific Audio Interface (Pac AAI-NIS2). This produces great audio quality, only one cable showing, and I can easily reach the iPod scroll wheel; so, I have access to all iof the iPod's functionality.

The volume is controlled from the steering wheel controls. The only thing missing is a big display. But, I have good eyes, and can see the iPod display when needed. I usually just select playlists; and my first playlist is Podcasts, second and third are songs/albums I like or have recently played or added. So, I really don't need to look closely at the iPod display; I just adjust and click the scroll wheel and occasionally glance at the iPod display.

This works well for me now. I may upgrade to a different interface in the future as available iPods and related technologies and gadgets evolve.

See attached photo of my iPod and Handfree Speakerphone set-up. I have since replaced my Nokia phone with a Motorola RAZR V3m (Verizon Wireless), and the Bluetooth connectivity and sound quality are spectacular; even better than with the Nokia phone. This is unsuual since the Handsfree equipment is a CK-7W Car Kit mfg. by Nokia.

Let me know if you have any questions or other feedback.

Good Luck!

Alan
alanpgh has attached this image:

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
Re: Versa

pcs15394 said:
Oh I figure Nissan knows this. The problem is that it takes a bit of time from conception to execution. The spin up includes getting suppliers in line.

Now I also would bet that they look at sales of the iPod attachment to determine desire as well. Considering how little was done for 03-05 Murano's they probably don't get a good feel for the desirability of the feature.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts