Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I have a problem with my nissan murano 2003 , when i plug my autel maxidas it gave me a code u1000, no communication , and bcm , and the service engine soon doent appear at the dashboard , i check every fuse and relay they are ok , some on can helm me please?

·
Super Moderator
8,268 Posts
Trying to understand: what is an "autel maxidas"? Some kind of diagnostic tool?

What does "no communication, and bcm..." mean?

I Googled the code and found this: U1000 Lost Communication With ECM/PCM "A" Code

You may need to contact a dealer to find out what the code means on your vehicle.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Hi! I have a problem with my nissan murano 2003 , when i plug my autel maxidas it gave me a code u1000, no communication , and bcm , and the service engine soon doent appear at the dashboard , i check every fuse and relay they are ok , some on can helm me please?
U1000 is a fault with the CAN network. You need to resolve this fault before trying to fix anything else. The ECM communicates with other control units via CAN data lines. It could be that one of the wires in the CAN circuit are open or shorted--typically because of a damaged CAN wire. Since you were able to connect your scan tool and pull codes, the ECM has power and ground. The MaxiDAS is a pretty powerful scan tool so see if there's a function to do a CAN integrity check using the scan tool itself.

Otherwise, go to the "LAN System" file in the service manual for your car linked below and find the diagnostic procedures. A short-cut is to do a resistance test right at the DLC connector between terminals 6 and 14 (disconnect battery negative cable). It should read something like 55-65 Ohms. If it's much higher then the circuit is open and if it's much lower then the circuit shorted. This will just test the integrity of the overall CAN system. If there is a problem, then you have to find it. If some event happened prior to this (e.g. car accident) then that might also give you a clue on where to look. Good luck and let us know if you find the problem.

NicoClub Forums Service Manuals

1 - 3 of 3 Posts