Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a longtime lurker and now proud Murano owner (and enthusiast) I've learned a great deal about the ins-and-outs of my Murano and Murano-dom in general from this site. I've noticed that the request for sticker art etc. has come up every so often so I thought I'd return the warm-fuzzies and whip up something we members might be able to use to identify each other on the road.

2 versions, positive and negative, rendered in the 'official' Nissan typeface (printed on clear vynil the color of your nismo should shine through the letters in the negative version... too cool!) - here's what they look like (these are just lo-res JPEGs)...

The actual vector-based artwork (in standard illustrator EPS format that any local printshop can read and print from) can be found online here:

http://www.bbxstudio.com/4posts/nismo/

I can also post some hi-res tif files if people would like but they may weigh in as hefty files ;)

Peace!

·
Registered
117 Posts
I like the idea of having a way to identify other members of this great site, but I wouldn't want to ruin the MO's sweet behind with a bumper sticker.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can see your point - but for those crazy enough to mess up their babies the option is there ;) I tried to make the design minimalist enough that it would play nice with the look of the vehicle though (and the vector artwork is scalable to any size). I'm going to try it - can always yank it off. It might look nice at 6 or 7 inches wide below the SL AWD plate on the hatch.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
I think it would look better on the inside of the back window, center, just above the rear wiper, about 8 inches long.

·
Registered
758 Posts
bbxboy

I'm not much for Bumper Stickers, never had one on my cars and probably would not put one on the Murano, but there were some thoughts of having it put on clear or red colored material that could be placed over the Third Brake light so that when brakes were applied the NissanMurano.org would light up. What do you think about this option?

·
Registered
265 Posts
I like that option. What about a clear back ground that can blend with the trim color or bumper color. A subtle color like gray if the trim is black? Doesn't stand out as much but...

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
No bumber sticker....

but windows stick on / decals are good. And it looks much better too.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Re: No bumber sticker....

SugarRushMurano said:
but windows stick on / decals are good. And it looks much better too.
I'm thinking about going this route or the brake light route myself. Do we have the 'go ahead' from the admin here to promote this site? :29:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Originally posted by pcs15394
I'm not much for Bumper Stickers, never had one on my cars and probably would not put one on the Murano, but there were some thoughts of having it put on clear or red colored material that could be placed over the Third Brake light so that when brakes were applied the NissanMurano.org would light up. What do you think about this option?
I have something similar already applied to my MO, see here

·
Registered
117 Posts
You can get them right off of ebay for about $12.00 shipped.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ya, no bumper sticker for me....but I would love a small window sticker! I have one on my altima advertising an aftermarket company and it looks sweet on my quater window in the back. And we over at Altimas.net have been wanting one with the altimas.net on there as well but no one has stepped up to the plate to make one. So ya, love the idea, but it would look better as a small sticker for the quarter window in the back.

Just my 2cents.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
yup, me too.
I had a friend who did some for my nephew in white vinyl lettering. The lettering is cut--you just peel the paper from the letters and stick the whole thing on and peel off the surround, worked great! Kept the letters in alignment.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
I found a site

who will do the vinyl lettering in a 1x10 inch format looking almost exactly like this web site's logo for $10.68 each.
What do you think? Maybe smaller?

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
I'd say smaller, and is the backround going to be black or clear?

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
it has no background, that pic is only so it will show up when you design it. It is just the letters. And yes, I went outside an looked at Mo.....it would have to be much smaller. I would put it under the center brake light at the top of the glass.

Plus....what you see is not what you will get....the image I posted was of 1 inch letters 10 inches long total. I just did one .5 inches by 8 inches, that would be more like it and it comes out to $9.77.

You could have it done in silver or gold or any color you want--even burl wood.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Go to www.speedysigns.com and try some designs urself. :)
the font is eurostile, maybe if Admin would pitch in he could tell us that banner's font (I tried diggin it out of the html....I don't do html).

·
Registered
758 Posts
mgthe3

Good work. Thanks for Checking on this.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think white lettering would look best. No background, just peel, place on window and pell the rest off, just leaving the letters behind.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts