Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
bogdaiki said:
Eric, so what do you think I should do?...
Check the transmission fluid level first. Then check to make sure the transmission cooler lines are ok.

Reactions: 2happy

·
Registered
2 Posts
bogdaiki - best would be to go to nearest dealer and run Consult II test. It gives information not only abt level of the fluid but also what is it's condition and if change is necessary or not.

Other reason of your problem can also be mailfunction of temperture sensor - I found this info in service manual.

If you need service manual just go to google and search for "Nissan Murano service manual" - you will receive few links for downloading.

What is the most important, seems like this is not damage of CVT, but "protection mode".

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
OK...it happened again for the 3rd time. Now the same as the first time (120km/h uphill, no acceleration with the gas pedal all the way to the floor). Stopped for a few minutes, restarted and drove off ok. SES light is on (I don't know...should I buy an OBD scanner or just go to a mechanic? Even if I get the codes I won't be able to fix it myself, so I'm wondering if I still should get the scanner, just to know what the problem is and not pay the fee for the diagnostic.

·
Registered
14 Posts
hey did u ever find out the issue with your acceleration.. i'm having a similar problem but when i drive and stop in traffic or at a lights my car doesn't pick up..
my issue is when i stop at light or in traffic and i'm ready to take off i have a 3-5 sec. delay with my acceleration i can step on my pedal all i want it hits the floor and nothing happens.. then it kicks in and works.. and it works fine until i stop again..and when i turn my car off and put it back on its fine but once i stop after that it keeps having the acceleration problem.. i've had it check with the diagnostic machine i've fixed all the outstanding issues that the codes said i had.. and i'm still having the problem.. and now there no codes coming up.. but the problem is still happening.. any advice..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Same Problem

I am having the same exact problem.
Although seems to happen when the car gets hot and in stop and go traffic. This can even be quit dangerous because when the car does start to move, it accelerates quit fast, and the next car is usually not that far ahead.
I will be changing the transmission fluid soon in hopes it fixes the problem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
over the last few of weeks i took my car into 2-3 mechanics and had alot of things fixed and the initial problem was with acceleration and it never improved... so then i decided to take it to the dealer and the dealer did a body scan and they told me that i need to replace my vavle body in the transmission and my mass air flow and i thought about it and had it replaced... it was really costly it was 2700.00.. they then gave me back my car and they said it was fixed.. so i went to pick it up friday and i drove it home as soon as i got home it tripped out again... so i took it back and then they re-scanned it and told me the codes for my valve body and some other code was coming up and they had to speak to nissan canada... well they have now said the problem is there's a internal failure within the transmission.. and it need to be replaced.. there price 5600.00 plus tax.. so thats my update and now i'm stuck..

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have MO 2003 AWD 132K
same problem about acceleration. First, the code was about "Camshaft sensor" I changed both R & L with no luck!. The problem continue. The scary thing that the mechanic who changed the camshafts told me it is a manufacturing issue because many people are suffering from the same problem and he strongly recommended to sell the car!!!
I did not believe him and went to another mechanic who asked me to update the computer software. I did that in the dealer for $100 with also no luck. I returned back to the mechanic and he suggested to me to change the Throttle Positioning Sensor which cost around $500+.

Do you recommend to follow his advice?
If not, what should I do?

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
The Murano has been on the market for almost ten years now, and believe it or not I am not sure there is a consensus on what fixes this "not accelerating" problem. For some, replacing the throttle body seemed to fix it. For others it required replacing the entire transmission. The computer codes appear not be helpful as I've never heard of a single case here (in nine years) where the CVT error light illuminated to show a CVT computer error. Instead, the SES light tends to light up with some non specific code that doesn't really pinpoint the problem.

I'd go ahead and replace the electronic throttle body (not the throttle position sensor) with the understanding that if it does not resolve the problem, you can get a refund for the part and pay only for the labor involved with swapping them back and forth.

Reactions: 2happy

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Wait. Before you replace another part, why not try this first...http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/66-problems/18641-03-07-murano-acceleration-hesitation-rest-story.html Thats if you are experiencing any type of hesitations. It could possibly be your CVT. However, after seeing your mileage I guess this is not good news for you since you're outside the extended warranty coverage. But its still cheaper if you actually get that P0868 code than replacing yet another part that may or may not work. Good luck. Are you getting the TP sensor code now? Did the crank shaft sensor code disappear? Did you use oem sensors?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you Eric, I got the throttle body with the gasket from the dealer for $267

nitely, there are no warning lights since I changed the camshaft censor last year. The mechanic who suggested to change the TB used a scanner while he was driving the car and he noticed weird reading and he analyzed the problem in the TB. I hope it will work.*
I will update you
Thanks again

·
Registered
1 Posts
05 Nissan Murano speed sensor went out. Replaced it and still hesitation when take off. Got a new transmission in it before I bought it. But still doesn't want to go after stopping. What else is wrong.....

21 - 35 of 35 Posts