Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2005 Nissan Murano and recently it seems like the battery got discharged and car wouldn't start because of having the car on with lights and accessories, but not the engine on (so the alternator was not charging the battery--causing it to discharge). The battery was quite old so I decided to replace it with a new one.
After this, I managed to get the car to start, dash and radio lights and sound work fine, however the ignition key switch light, interior lights & rear windshield wiper do not work at all.

I have already checked ALL fuses using a multimeter and they're fine.

Also note that the battery is brand new (and have tested the voltage as well).

I've also attempted to replace the dome light to see if they all burned out -- with no luck, still doesn't turn on.

I've noticed that once I place the key on ACC, no lights come on (not in the dash or anything) only when I put it on ON the dash lights, radio & window buttons lights come on.

Additionally, note that the old battery was jump started (was jumped by friend--not sure if they used correct order) to make sure that the problem with the car not starting was the battery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
EDIT:

Most* fuses have been checked, except for most of the fuses on Fuse Box no.1 since it proves difficult to take out. Also note that relays have not been tested.

I'm trying to determine if there exists an ACC relay/fuse that I could test in this car, but not sure.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Excellent problem description! I think you're on the right track, a fuse or relay may have fried when it was jump started..

You can find the service manual here: https://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Murano/2005/

Section FWD is the index.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts