Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded in the Murano; I was incredibly sad to see it go, but I was very happy with the trade. I had to go back to the dealer the day after the purchase and the salesman I dealt with said that he thinks that the Murano will sell that day. He already had several people looking at it. The Mo's replacement is a 2004 Mazda RX-8. Here is a quick rundown of what's inside:
1.3L Rotary Engine (238 hp/150 tq)
6 speed manual gearbox
TPMS
18 inch rims
300 Watt BOSE 9 speaker system

Grand Touring Package
-Xenon HID Lights
-Fog Lights
-DSC
-LSD
-Moonroof
-Homelink Mirror
-Black Leather seats
-Heated Front Seats
-Heated Mirrors

DVD-based Navigation System

Spare Tire Kit (currently out of the car)-Mazda sells each of these cars with TPMS and a glorified fix-a-flat kit strapped down in the trunk.

Here's a couple quick pics I snapped this morning:

RX-8 and my dad's 2002 Roush Stage 2 Convertible

Inside, the gauges are awesome. When the car is off they are illuminated by blue LEDs. When the car is on with the lights off they are white, and when the car and lights are both on they glow red. At night it looks and feels like you are in an airplane cockpit...2 inches off of the ground.

The interior is actually quite accomodating. I've already given 3 guys all around 6 ft tall a ride and every one of them said they were amazed how they all fit and how comfortable the seats are.

So let's see...to answer the questions from the other post...
MO Dale, you can find me on www.rx8club.com under the name NVMYGT.

Is a name change possible on this forum without reregistering?

milgrad, the trade was in the mid $20s. I also got the S-plan (invoice) on the car as well as the $4000 off that Mazda was offering on the 2004 RX-8s. If they didn't have the rebate I would have waited longer and got a 2005.

mgthe3, the paddle shifters are only available in the automatic 200 hp version, and what fun is a sports car without a manual transmission?

Anyway, I plan to stick around and share in all of the knowledge on this board. Afterall, this place feels like home.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Looks sweet! Congratulations.

Nothing like the Mo though Snow as far as type of vehicle. Didn't need the extra cargo space?

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
zofsuvs said:
Looks sweet! Congratulations.

Nothing like the Mo though Snow as far as type of vehicle. Didn't need the extra cargo space?
Thanks! :29:
I didn't really need the cargo space. It came in handy. I helped move 3 of my friends in the Murano, however I feel that this car is more me. It has a lot of the features that I liked about the MO:
good horsepower
seats more than 2
heated seats
navigation
HID lights
18 inchers

The only thing it is lacking is the AWD, but for the handling and spirited driving it affords I'm willing to overlook it for now...we'll see how a set of snowtires on 17 inch rims does next winter.

·
Registered
747 Posts
RX8 Pictures

Snow Mo- where did you take those pictures at. Looks very Familiar.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
South Park. 15 miles south of Downtown Pittsburgh, PA. It's a stones throw from my house and always makes for a nice background.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
yeah, I think I've seen ur Mo there in a few pics.

Yes, I knew they were on the auto trans, I checked ur car out on mazda when you posted the link. I used to pit for Jim Downing's mazda race team, have always been awed by the power from such a tiny motor. I had to get one from the luggage compartment of the crew bus once and bring it to the pits...picked it up by myself and put it on a dolly. I was goin WOW 350+ hp and less than 200 pounds--even with the starter.
:eek:

Couldn't drive a stick here, the clutch pedal cover would be worn out in nothin flat on the rides home in Atlanta--and a paddle shifter would be waaaaay too cool.

·
4,601 Posts
Of course, it's a 1/3 stroke!

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I traded in the Murano;

Oh the Humanity! Snow Mo is now NO-MO.

Good luck with the Mazda. Come on back and see us when you trade the Mazda for another Mo. Just kidding.
Guess you will vacate the Nissan.org.
It's like watching a friend move away.
Sorry to see you go.
Bob :(

·
Registered
747 Posts
South Park

Snow Mo- I know where South Park is. I grew up in Dravosburg about 10 miles from there. We have our family reunions there every four years. Usually stay at my Uncle's place in Baldwin when I'm in town. Used to cruise through there in the summer time. Nice backdrop for your ride.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bob:
Don't worry buddy, I'm not going anywhere. There is too much stuff here to be learned. Thank you. I'd be kind of cool to have a counter that counted how much time you spent on a website. I bet my time would be comparable to Jaak's and the other top posters. I've basically lived here for the past 2 years.

pcs:
I can see the wavepool from the back of my house. It's odd because when I was in highschool my friends and I used to spend our weekends at the park throwing football and playing volleyball during the day and then spend the evenings looking out over an empty grassy hillside. 8 years later I spend my days at my house on that land looking back on our hang out spot. It's a beautiful area.

edit: looks like my webhosting service is down...

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Congrats on the RX-8. Its stunning! :)

I agree, if you are bent on driving a sporty vehicle, the Murano is not it. Have fun in the new RX-8 and enjoy revving that engine to redline without going 70mph (something that is kind of difficult in the Murano).

·
Registered
470 Posts
Eric,

My 2005 SE will allow me to rev the engine to the redline while going under 70 mph I believe although I done it yet. I only have about 1000 miles on the car so I am being careful.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
HuskyFan said:
Eric,

My 2005 SE will allow me to rev the engine to the redline while going under 70 mph I believe although I done it yet. I only have about 1000 miles on the car so I am being careful.
I meant to be sarcastic. Unlike a normal transmission, you really need to get on the gas (i.e. floor it) to hit redline with the CVT. Part of the fun of Nissan's excellent VQ35DE is the sound it makes when it revs up. The CVT makes the upper RPM range a bit more difficult to access unless you've got a lot of road (and no cops). This is why Edmunds review of the Murano was not that favorable - they said the CVT sapped the fun out of the driving experience.

That said, the other 90% of the time I love the smooth CVT.

It also helps that you have a 2005 SE with the manumatic shifter. On my 2003 SE, I have to settle for Ds.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Adios Snow :1:

·
Registered
763 Posts
Snow - Great Car, great color, it looks like you'll be having some fun.
Now what do you think will be your first mod on the 8! :cool:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Snow Mo is now going zoom zoom zoom. Congrats!
I think the RX-8 is sweet... if I were single and looking for a sports car, that would be one I'd definitely consider, especially for the price. I love the rotary engine and is efficiency. Happy driving! :D

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, "Arrest Me Red" is what it is commonly referred to around here.

I think the mod list is going to look like this (in no particular order):
clear corner markers
Start Engine Button in place of cigarette lighter
HUD switches in ashtray (I dont know what for yet)
LED Interior lights
Mazdaspeed Body Kit
Aftermarket Exhaust
8000k HIDs and Fogs

That's whats running through my head right now...oh yeah, WINTER TIRES! :(

·
Registered
629 Posts
zebelkhan said:
Congrat's! and better watch it. I hear "red" is highway patrol's favorite color...
Congrats on the new ride Snow MO, those RX8s are hot! zebelkhan hit it on the nose, though watch out for for the donut patrol! :) I had a red Firebird for 4 years -- pulled over a LOT. Talked my way out of many of them. Then I had a red Grand Prix GTP for 3 years, pulled over just as much if not more. :) 3 other bright red cars and lots of time visiting with the local enforcement roadside. Have fun, and stick around!

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks again...its kind of fun to be an "outsider" hanging around now...

I had trouble with my Mustang GT (which was dark grey) I can only imagine how many men in blue I get to become aquainted with in this car.
Mental Note: Cruise control is your friend

The big problem is that 100 in this car feels like 60 in the Murano. Not that I would know. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts