Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got the 2004 this weekend (2003 was totaled). Anyhow - took it on its first ride on I-95 today - vibration while braking. Even at 40 MPH, vibration while braking.

I searched the forums here - seems "resurfacing" the rotors is in order. Makes sense to me. Those of you who have had this done at the dealer - was this a "one-day" deal? You know, drop off in the am, pick up in the pm?

Christ, I hope so...

Jim

·
Nissan Enthusiast
194 Posts
You can get your car the same day but only if you get there 1/2 hour before they open and get in line. Took my Mo in for the exact same problem but I got there late (8:30 a.m.) and they held it over night. I dont know where on I-95 you are but if you are in the NYC area you need to call before you go to the dealer or you may be left high and dry.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Generator is correct - you can get it done in one day if you bring it in as their first vehicle of the day (not only make the appointment early but also go in well before your appointment time when the service dept opens).

Resurfacing the rotors is part of a normal brake job so it should not take more than a couple hours.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks folks. I figured it would be a quick turnaround. Maybe drop off the night before would be best.

I am down in Va. - the I-95 part north of Richmond.

Thanks again - Jim

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Brought my Altima in the other day and I asked if it would take the same time if I waited at the Dealer or went home and came back. They admitted those waiting go to the front of the crowd. I was miffed that I got the car there 8-9AM, I am leaving it there and someone that cruises in at 10AM that will wait in the showroom will get done first. I was annoyed that my car sat there till 2-3PM before they started working on it.
Tell em your waiting and you will be on your cell phone. Then leave!
Bob1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts