Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I still haven't received my alternator recall notice.

Has anybody else NOT received their notice who is due one?

Will the dealership still perform the replacement even if I don't have the notice?

thanks!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Well, I've had my recall notice for several weeks and have yet to act upon it. It seems to vary dealership by dealership as to whether they will do the work without the notice. Should be a simple matter for them to qualify your VIN online and schedule the swap, you'd think. But some need that piece of paper in hand. Give 'em a call and see what they say.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I have not yet received my recall notice either. The dealer replaced the alternator a few weeks ago anyway!

·
Registered
420 Posts
I haven't received one yet. My alternator failed in June, but I assume I should still receive a notice.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have also not received my notice, but when I called my dealer to schedule a oil change, they said I did not need the notice. They were able to verify using my VIN# that I was included in the recall (which I already knew by checking the VIN myself). Oil Change and alternator replacement scheduled for next Monday morning.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Has anyone in AZ. received theirs?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I haven't received my recall notice, either. 2003 MO, purchased in March 2004. I haven't contacted the dealer yet to schedule the alternator replacement, but I'm not expecting any problems. While the dealership's service department has had problems, they've performed recall repairs on the other Nissans I've owned without a recall notice.

·
Registered
828 Posts
Same here no notice, but had replaced.

·
5,244 Posts
Same here, no notice. Haven't had the tiome to go to the dealer anyway....

·
Registered
46 Posts
No recall notice for me in Montana...but I've already had the alt replaced. Just makes me wonder if the recall program is going from East coast to West...very slowly???

·
Registered
61 Posts
None Here either for my 05 in MA

·
Registered
323 Posts
Still no recall yet.... We would have taken it on a 400 mi trip yesterday, but afraid to get stranded since you only have a short time before the car is DEAD, if it were to happen on a weekend trip. Took another car instead.

·
Registered
828 Posts
If you havn't received your notice yet and your MO is in the correct VIN range, make an appointment and get it done.

I still have not recieved mine, and I have the first build date in 2003. Just made the dealer perform the replacement.

I also emailed Nissan and they said the dealer has to perform the replacement even if you do not have the paper work.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I haven't received mine either. To add insult to injury, my Expedition is being recalled. What are the odds?:p

Good thing I've still got my 300ZX on the road.:2:

Dave

·
Registered
828 Posts
Still nothing for me too. But I got two IMPORTANT letters. One from Nissan and one from my dealership.

Both about some end of year sale, geeze.

·
Registered
38 Posts
No recall notice for my 2003 SE AWD. I was left stranded back in early August due to a failed alternator. Nissan picked up the towing to the shop and the alternator but charged me for a new battery.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts