Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I somehow lost my remote entry button to lock/unlock and engage/disengage the factory alarm system that came with my 2005 Murano SL AWD. Well, I try opening the door with just the key (don't have intelligenrt key, btw) and the door unlocks. Then the alarm keeps going off and won't shut off. The vehicle will not start.

I attempt to leave the key in the ignition and attempt to turn on the car. No luck. I unlock the door with the power locks, no luck. I then try to get out of the car and lock then unlock the car, no luck. But if I get out of the car.... and lock it with the key the alarm will finally stop.

What can I do to get into and drive my car without the alarm activation and without my remote entry button? Please help.... I live in a very quiet neighborhood and I am tired of the alarm going off and hell, I just wanna get in and be able to DRIVE.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,512 Posts
SGT-

I assume you also lost the second key fob that came with the car. If that is the case I think your only recourse is to have the dealer configure a new set of key fobs for your MO.

-njjoe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,582 Posts
SGT said:

What can I do to get into and drive my car without the alarm activation and without my remote entry button? Please help.... I live in a very quiet neighborhood and I am tired of the alarm going off and hell, I just wanna get in and be able to DRIVE.
Disconnect the horn.

It may not solve all your problems, but the neighbors will enjoy some peace and quiet until you get your fobs back.

Good Luck.
 

·
Enjoying the ride…
Joined
·
452 Posts
I know you can disable the factory alarm if you insert the key in the driver’s door and then you lock it and unlock it like 2 times. One day the tech did this to my Mo, but I do not remember exactly what order you should go with. Lock-unlock or unlock-lock. I guess you can try both, what else you have to loose…;)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,368 Posts
I agree with Enforcer - if you use the factory key to unlock the door, the factory alarm should not go off.
 

·
Enjoying the ride…
Joined
·
452 Posts
Well, it starts screaming on my 03 SE if I open the door with the key. Does the 05 is different from 03???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,512 Posts
I think if you lock the MO with the keyfob you must also unlock it with the keyfob. The alarm is not set nor deactivated by the key itself. The chip in the key is read by the ignition switch only, not the door lock.

-njjoe
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Murano_driver said:
I know you can disable the factory alarm if you insert the key in the driver’s door and then you lock it and unlock it like 2 times. One day the tech did this to my Mo, but I do not remember exactly what order you should go with. Lock-unlock or unlock-lock. I guess you can try both, what else you have to loose…;)
Tried this....and damn, it didn't work.


Originally posted by Enforcer
Are you saying you have a separate remote for an alarm system?
Yes, I have a separate remote for the alarm system. It was installed by the dealership. And it's not your standard horn alarm its the annoying one with the different sounds every 5 seconds. The only thing I am able to do is roll down the windows with the key... and even with that, if I unlock the doors from the inside the alarm still goes off when I open the door. :confused:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,368 Posts
SGT said:


Tried this....and damn, it didn't work.




Yes, I have a separate remote for the alarm system. It was installed by the dealership. And it's not your standard horn alarm its the annoying one with the different sounds every 5 seconds. The only thing I am able to do is roll down the windows with the key... and even with that, if I unlock the doors from the inside the alarm still goes off when I open the door. :confused:
Well now you tell us its not the factory alarm! Of course the key will not work in turning off an aftermarket alarm. I guess your only recourse is to go back to whoever installed the alarm, and get another keyfob made (or disable the aftermarket alarm altogether).
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Eric L. said:


Well now you tell us its not the factory alarm! Of course the key will not work in turning off an aftermarket alarm. I guess your only recourse is to go back to whoever installed the alarm, and get another keyfob made (or disable the aftermarket alarm altogether).
I bought the car from the Nissan dealership with the alarm... it was one of the options.
 

·
Enjoying the ride…
Joined
·
452 Posts
I was sure you was talking about manufacture alarm system. :confused: Anyway, you can go to any shop which istalling alarms in you area. I am sure they can identefy and program a new remote for your system. Should cost you around $40-$50. IMHO going to dealership will be a waste of time.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Murano_driver said:
I was sure you was talking about manufacture alarm system. :confused: Anyway, you can go to any shop which istalling alarms in you area. I am sure they can identefy and program a new remote for your system. Should cost you around $40-$50. IMHO going to dealership will be a waste of time.
Appreciate it. I'll give it a try. :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,368 Posts
If you don't want to pay for a new keyfob, you can always disable the aftermarket alarm and use the standard Nissan security system that came on the Murano, provided the aftermarket unit doesn't interfere with the factory one.

Probably the only thing the factory system is lacking is a glass sensor. But it will honk the horns and flash the lights if anyone opens the doors, trunk, or hood. And in the process, the ignition is also disabled. Plus, every Murano has the computer chip key (separate from the intelligent key) which offers a final level of theft protection. Beyond that, if a thief is going to bother breaking into your car, they will probably find a way to steal it anyways.
 

·
SHIFT_FASTER
Joined
·
1,422 Posts
There should be a hidden switch somewhere. You will have to open the door, get in, put the key in the ignition and turn to on, then press the hidden switch the number of times that was programmed (usually 1 time, but between 1 and 5).
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top