Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a new 2004 SE AWD that parked next to me at the mall yesterday. It did not have Roof Rails. Maybe there already is a thread talking about this but I could not find it. I thought they were standard on all M-O's. I saw roof rails on all the M-O's at Woodfield Nissan in Chicago (64 M-O's) when i was in for 15,000 mile service. Do you think the person took them off? Im not sure I like the look of it. Oh and of the 64 M-O's they had there 1 had SAT radio. The rest STILL had the stickers on them they were all 2004's.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
I have a 2003 SE with no roof rails. I didn't want them, and don't need them, besides with no cross rails, what are they good for?

I have a roof rack on the wife's wagon and I use it once a year to pick up the Christmas tree.

Personally, I think the smooth top gives the MO much cleaner lines. Especially the black ones....:roadtrip:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Gecko2k2 said:
Hmm.. it looks so different... Have a front shot?
I think the photo got squished a little (front to back) so it appears a little fatter than it should. Actually, I snagged the photo somewhere. I have to get a portfolio of my own....

·
Registered
38 Posts
I got the SE specifically because SE does not come standard with roof rails. I hate washing/waxing around them. I've never used roof rails for anything and don't like their looks. My bike rack is a hitch mount and it is a heck of a lot more convenient.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Man, I'd love to take mine off... maybe.. hmm..

·
Registered
136 Posts
Are there holes to fill when you remove the rack?

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
I thought that when you

did that, that the bolts/nuts would come loose on the Inside under the headliner?

I think it is that the Canucks have a model without the roof rails and although they can buy it, no dealer will install it?
I "assumed" that it was because of having to R&R the headliner.

Homer

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
Re: I thought that when you

hfelknor said:
did that, that the bolts/nuts would come loose on the Inside under the headliner?

I think it is that the Canucks have a model without the roof rails and although they can buy it, no dealer will install it?
I "assumed" that it was because of having to R&R the headliner.

Homer
the brackets (shown) are replaced with non-rail braketts, which fit in the holes in the frame (same as if it were the rails, but there's no studs exposed on the roofline side)... i then ordered the roof finisher caps (for my car's color)...

total price for the four brackets and finishers was under 100; bought thru carvey (has ordered them before)

sms

·
Registered
37 Posts
I test drove two '03 SE AWDs with no roof rails. They had no options other than floor mats. Got the price down to around 28k. Really quite a deal. But then we looked at a loaded SE AWD and the dealer came waaaay of the sticker and we fell for the options.

I agree that the roof rails, with or without crossbars, add very little to the looks or utility. Having said that, I won't spend a dime to take them off either....or buy crossbars.

If we hadn't been seduced by all the options (most fairly useless in my opinion but its really my wife's car and I wanted her to be happy with it), the SE AWD with no rails or options represents an excellent value. All the performance none of the fluff.

George

1 - 14 of 14 Posts