Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
soo it's november 22, 2005 and usually in good ole edmonton at about this time we have a couple feet of snow and bitter cold temperatures. but this year it's different. it's a scorching 18 degrees celcius outside so i decided i'd clean the MO up a bit and take a few snaps. enjoy.

i'll update again in another couple weeks once the new black chrome rims come in.

for those who would like to see all my MO pics see here:

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
I was going to post this earlier, but a forecaster in the Philly area released his winter forecast yesterday. Last year, he was off on the total snow accumulation by half an inch, at 30.5". This year, he says based on several indicators, its going to be a much warmer than usual winter, with only 12 to 15 total inches of snow in the Philly area. Guess I'm really going to hold off on buying those new tires if I can.. now snow tires this year!

Edit: no snow tires this year!

http://www.nbc10.com/weather/5377364/detail.html

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Hmmmmnnnn.
Hurricanes out the wazoo.
No snow.
Balmy temps in the north in Nov.......

Global warming?

Homer

·
Registered
19 Posts
nissanlove said:
soo it's november 22, 2005 and usually in good ole edmonton at about this time we have a couple feet of snow and bitter cold temperatures. but this year it's different. it's a scorching 18 degrees celcius outside ...
Nissanlove, enjoy the good stuff because our forecast says we're going to be sending you some crappy white stuff from this side of the mountains as early as this weekend. Sorry 'bout that. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i actually can't wait for the snow. i spent over 700 bucks on a new snowboard setup and it's not looking good against the wall anymore. I WANT SNOW. here are some more pics from later the same evening.

·
Registered
11 Posts
hey do you live by a church north edmonton alliance church?
becasue that is what ur area reminds me of now

ok after looking at it more i see the church lol man thats crazy how you live there, how long did u have ur murano for I never saw it before. I attended that church there for years

·
4,601 Posts
Cool, good to see the pics. I'll have to phone my brother and tease him about the lack of snow! He lives in Edmonton. Hmm... That means my nephew is still out there trying to trash himself on his motorcycle... Youth... Been there, done that, count the birthdays and amaze myself I made it this far!

Good to see the white while there's still contrast with the background!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Billet Grill.....

Niisanlove can you tell me where you got that lower grill and do they make the upper with the same design? thnx

·
Registered
842 Posts
Nissanlove
The same situation down here in Calgary, hit 21.5 C on Tuesday. My friends that got to Sunshine and Lake Louise were telling me stories of skiing in shorts.

P.S. none of them are Dark Side skiers:2: :2:

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Here in New Hampshire we have about 4-inches of snow today.

Happy Turkey Day!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wonbadappl: the lower grill i bought from cloud rider. it's a company based out of saskatchewan. they only make lower grills for the murano.

stoker: yesterday i was walking around downtown edmonton in short sleeves, then i realised the date haha. my buddy is a ski patrol up in sunshine and is lovin the weather. supposedly we're going to get a dump of snow this weekend so i'm getting excited. ahh alberta... anything can happen here. maybe the government is payin off mother nature with our surplus haha.

Clem: we used to have an 03 luminous gold murano SL and we just recently got the acrtic pearl '05 SE. in early august actually. depending on when you moved down to richmond, you may not have seen it. it's pretty much a garage queen now haha.

·
Registered
19 Posts
nissanlove said:
wonbadappl: the lower grill i bought from cloud rider. it's a company based out of saskatchewan. they only make lower grills for the murano.

--------------------------------------

Nissanlove, Just checked out the Cloud Rider web site and they have a lot of choices available. Looks like that grill would be good on our gravelly mountain highways etc.

Did they provide installation instructions? How difficult was it to install and did you need any special tools?

Thanks!

·
Registered
842 Posts
Flip said:
nissanlove said:

--------------------------------------

Nissanlove, Just checked out the Cloud Rider web site and they have a lot of choices available. Looks like that grill would be good on our gravelly mountain highways etc.

Did they provide installation instructions? How difficult was it to install and did you need any special tools?

Thanks!
Flip
Got my lower grill from Cloud rider. Took 30 minutes to install, a long thin screw driver will be a help. They do supply installation instructions. It does a great job in keeping the road garbage out of the lower section of the rad. Good luck

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
there are no special tools need to install although you will need to dril a couple holes in the tow hook covers. very simple install and instructions are provided. very good for keep bugs and rocks out of the lower radiator.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Lower Grill

Stoker, Nissanlove,
OK guys, Thanks. I'm going to go ahead and get one but I have to get the "with licenceplate" model :3:

Yours looks cleaner. Don't know why we have to have a front plate here in BC when you guys in Alta don't ... :confused:

Nissanlove, yours looks like either the All Season Mirror Stainless, Champagne or Hexagon model. Which one is it?

Thanks again ...

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
flip: mine is the mirror stainless round with liscence plate cut out. i find the liscence plate cut out handy for the block heater cord. look close at a front pic of our murano. you can see the cut out in the middle.

·
Registered
19 Posts
nissanlove said:
flip: mine is the mirror stainless round with liscence plate cut out. i find the liscence plate cut out handy for the block heater cord. look close at a front pic of our murano. you can see the cut out in the middle.
-------------------------------------------

Yes, I see it now. Thanks for the heads-up.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
THE SNOWS COMMING NOW!!!!! so glad i put on the extended mudflaps from canadian tire. well worth the 5 bucks to keep the car cleaner and the chips to a minimum.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts