Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i've got a problem...

Some time ago, month or 2, the low tire pressure light came on on the dash.

take it to the dealer, need a new body roll control module -- fine, its under warrenty, go ahead and order the part / fix it.

few days after that, got into an accident. few days after that, the radio up and cut out.

took the car in for body work, got it back yesterday - the body shop was supposed to send the car to the dealer for the body roll module to get fixed, but its on national back order and at the earliest, theill have it monday.

the reason i keep bringing up the body roll module is because it controls the auto volume control for the radio.

i've tried everything, pull the fuse, unplug and plug the bose amplifier, take out all the cd's, etc...

the dealer is certain the body roll module controls this, as the radio works fine, just no sound.

anyways, anyone have any ideas on how to reset the radio in a 06 SL ? maybe theres something i can do to convince the radio to ignore the body roll module ?

any help is appeciated. yes, monday isnt to far away, but driving 2 hours everyday with no sound gets boring really fast.

-Mario

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
mmurano-

Is there any way to turn OFF the Speed Sensitive Volume (SSV) feature?

-njjoe

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what im trying to find

the only way i know to turn it off is to go through the EQ settings by pushing on the tuning dial and go to the 4th option and set it to off...

anyone else have any ideas ?

-Mario

·
5,244 Posts
There is no body roll control unit.

There are 3 "computers"; ECM (engine), TCM (transmission) and BCM (body control module). At least in 03 model.

·
5,244 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ran outside and tryed that real quick

the speed sensor says off, which it should when the car is parked / 0mph

looking for something to turn it off

i ran a search here for the service manual - gonna order the day pass when i get home and download it

its gatta be somewhere - some kind of diag thing to disable a module or feature.

-Mario

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
depressed.....

BCM (body control module) came in monday night

droped off the car yesterday morning - told it was gonna be a 1 day job

4:55 rolls around, call from dealer, how would you like to drive our car for another day. what choice do i have, so i did

3pm rolls around today - call from dealer, the BCM isn't working, they cant figure out how to get the air bag light to turn off, the radio doesn't work and "we think something else is wrong with it", nissan is sending us a new radio and other parts.

for some reason, which im still trying to figure out, they needed their ****ty 2000 altima they gave me as a loaner back, only to turn around and give me a even worse chevy equinox.

i bought nissan for 2 reasons:
a: i heard great things about they engine / transmission quality

b: i have every problem under the sun with my ex dodge stratus.

when my friend takes his 330 ci bmw in for service, they give him a 300 series bmw as a loaner. i spent just as much on this car as he did, i expect the same.

overall i am extreamly disapointed. i dont even talk about it to anyone anymore its so depressing.

my brothers wedding is next saterday, and my parents were gonna take my car as its the nicest in the house. so help me its not done by then, i'm demanding a fx35 for them for the day.

anyone have a customer complaint line at nissan i can call ?

(needed to vent a bit)
-Mario

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
mmurano-

That stinks, especially with the wedding and all. I would be extremely annoyed as well.

The following contact information is from the Nissan-USA website:

Please contact us if you have questions about Nissan, Nissan vehicles, or Nissan dealers. If you need immediate assistance, please call (800) NISSAN-1 or contact your nearest Nissan dealer.

Nissan Consumer Affairs
P.O. Box 685003
Franklin TN 37068-5003
(800) NISSAN-1 (or 800-647-7261)
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Eastern / Central Time / Pacific Time
Monday through Friday

Good luck.

-njjoe

·
Registered
53 Posts
quick question

Sorry to hear about your issue mmurano. Hopefully everything turns out right. Make sure you post your outcome! =)

Enforcer,

The Confirmation/Adjustment Mode diagram you posted, is that for navigation display only? do you have anything for the monochrome version or does it work for both?

Thanks!

-Dennis

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The wedding was great. no rain, very humid, but very nice, got lots of video, processing it now in Final cut pro.

as for the car.................

tuesday i called auto place nissan 10am - got the parts, began working on it

4pm call them, should i go to the dealer or go home, they tell me its all set and come and pick it up at 6pm

get home, 5pm, they call me, we pluged in the radio, and the amplifier blew.

i imidiately get enraged. my father gets on the phone, argues for me, they don't want to do anything for me.

call every phone # i can find, finally i get to a complaint line at nissan

on the phone with him for a half hour -- they take the full story, and tell me the district manager will look into it and get back to me within 24 hours

tuesday night, being pissed to no end, i get pretty drunk -- was depressed, what was i gonna do, i was on vacation.... (1 bottle of wine and 3 shots of wiskey for anyone wondering)

9am wednesday, dealer calls up, car is all set, come and get it

now i need to become solber within 2 hours, which i did (wine doesnt give me a hang over)

tire pressure sensor still doesnt work, but the radio does, and has since then. they told me they would call me back once they figure out the tps, still havent received a call.

will wait until tuesday till i try them again.

****in eh....
-Mario

·
Registered
53 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

I actually figured it out. I have an 03 and for the monochrome radio it's hold the MUTE PAUSE button and turn the volume around 30 clickes counter clock wise.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts