Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before buying my brand new 2006 black Murano SL, I did get more detail (short of a brochure) about the Murano. I always thought Muranos comes with a "sun roof."

It was only the second day that I realize my Murano has no sun roof.
My honda accord that I trade in had a sun roof that I hardly used. Anyway it was no big deal.... I still love this baby!!!!!:2:

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Yes, it is an option in the 03-06 murano. Not standard.

You can get the sunroof in the 06 murano if you opt for sunroof package or the leather + sunroof package or the touring package.

----
SUNROOF PACKAGE (SL, SE) $2,550.00
- Power glass sliding sunroof with multi-position switch and auto-reverse feature
This package includes Premium Package contents.

LEATHER AND SUNROOF PACKAGE (SL, SE) $3,500.00
- Leather-appointed seats
- 4-way power front-passenger's seat
- Dark charcoal-color lower rear bumper (SL only)
- Power glass sliding sunroof with multi-position switch and auto-reverse feature
This package includes Premium Package contents

SL TOURING PACKAGE $4,600.00, $4,950.00
- Intelligent Key
- High Intensity Discharge (HID) bi-xenon headlights
- Memory system - driver's seat, adjustable pedals and outside mirrors
- Driver's seat entry/exit system
- Heated front seats
- Heated outside mirrors
This package includes Leather and Sunroof Package contents. This package is also available with satellite radio.*
---

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Honestly I could have done without the sunroof in my SE as well, but I wanted VDC and the only way to get it was with the leather/sunroof/BOSE package (forget what it was called back in 2003).

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
I believe it was what I ordered, the Premium package, with the Bose, leather and sunroof. Back then, the nav was also linked with the VDC, so if you wanted 6-disc and nav (as I did), you pretty much needed to get *everything* else.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Paniolo said:
My honda accord that I trade in had a sun roof that I hardly used....
I have had sunroofs in just about every car I have ever owned and I have NEVER used them.....

I only get them because it makes reselling the car faster....:D

·
Registered
781 Posts
A Sunroof has become a requirement for us.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Re: Re: No sun roof in my Murano

zebelkhan said:

I have had sunroofs in just about every car I have ever owned and I have NEVER used them.....
I'm in that camp. I've had many sunroofs, rarely if ever used them. I would not order one in a new car. That is the one feature that should not be "packaged" with other options.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I hate the "package" concept.
Seems like I need to buy my next new car at Burger King. :)

We always order/buy a sunroof.
We always use them.

I'm still PO'd that Nissan won't return half my sunroof money after delivering half a sunroof.

Question:
Is the sunroof on the 2006 still substandard?
(In other words does it open completely or does it stop some 4+ inches from completely open, like my 2003 does?)

IF Nissan doesn't learn how to build sunroofs, I have bought my last one, no matter how nice the rest of the car is. What a bunch of maroons.

Homer

·
Registered
286 Posts
well I might have a different opinions about sunroof,I love 'em,thats one of the main features a car must have to me.
once weather hits 70 degrees all windows are down and opened sunroof.
I barely use AC in the summer unless it gets in the upper 90's .
and buying a 30 some thousand bucks vehicle and not noticing there is no sunroof til 2 days later kind of like,,,WOW!were you in the cellphone while car shopping?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
whoa!! that webasto sunroof is massive. i love it. too bad the sunroof comes standard on the se's in canada. i love my sunroof(minus the 4 inchs that it dosn't open), i feel really enclosed without a sunroof and i'm not clusterphobic haha.

·
Registered
147 Posts
That full length sunroof is hella cool.

I got the SL touring package for my MO and I'm glad I did. Over the last few years I've discovered that I'm the kind of person that likes a car with a bit of luxury so my next car will be fairly loaded to.

As to the sunroof, I only use it occasionally but I do enjoy it on nice days. Last week it got up to 90F here in DFW. I cracked the rear windows, opened the sunroof, and turned up Big and Rich on the Bose. Going 10mph in DFW traffic has never been so much fun :D

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SGT David...

You "turned up big and rich on your BOSE?" That means you like the audio sound of the MO Bose audio system? I got BOSE in my 2006 Black Murano SL, personally I don't think the audio sound is the greatest, but Its okay with me.

:eek:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Paniolo said:
SGT David...

You "turned up big and rich on your BOSE?" That means you like the audio sound of the MO Bose audio system? I got BOSE in my 2006 Black Murano SL, personally I don't think the audio sound is the greatest, but Its okay with me.

:eek:
Who is this David???

Anyways, I'm not an audiophile that needs my sound system to be perfect. Lets just say the BOSE is good enough :)

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Sgt_Beavis said:

Who is this David???

Anyways, I'm not an audiophile that needs my sound system to be perfect. Lets just say the BOSE is good enough :)
Oh heck, even for me the non-bose audio is OK.
In near future, I may opt for a luxury vehicle with the 10-speaker Mark Levinson thingy.....:4:

·
Registered
46 Posts
That Webasto sunroof is awesome. We have the touring pkg in our SL-AWD and it has to be the smallest sunroof of ANY car I've had. Granted the sunroof in my 00 Quest is big enough to qualify as a convertible but the smallish sunroof in my 02 Maxima still dwarf's the Mo. :confused:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts