Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 12,500 mile-old Murano has been solid and rattle-free so far except for one annoying knock/clunk noise coming from the back of the vehicle when going over sharp bumps.

Yesterday I had the car in for an oil change and noted the noise along with leaving a copy of a Nissan TSB for such a problem. The TSB directed them straight to the source of the knock and in less than two hours the problem was fixed. Now our MO goes over any sort of bumps like a champ!

If anyone is experincing a similar knocking sound from the back of thier MO I suggest going to Nissan's TSB site and printing out the TSB regarding Suspension/Rear Axle for Murano and leaving it with your service dept. You just might get the issue resolved quickly and painlessly.

http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/nissan/TSB/Nissan/54261.asp?mscssid=

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Wunder what "Chassis ears" are?

Usta use a stethoscope when i worked on engines.
Shoulda renamed them Engine ears?

Homer

·
Registered
34 Posts
222MAX: Thanks for the tip. I had my MO in for service and told them of this same issue. I noticed it typically carrying some weight in the back and hitting moderate bumps or going over intersection 'humps' at speed. They told me they could not reproduce it so it did not exist(much like the brake squeal, headlight misalignment, etc.) and they could not address it. Now I guess they'll have to or I'll take it to a service manager and press the issue.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I have both the front driver side window squeek/rattle (mostly because of the rubber lining) and the rear rattle.

I am planning to get it fixed from my dealer during the next oil change. If the dealer says anything like "we could not reproduce it" etc, I will file a complaint with Better Business Bureau.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
murano123 said:
I have both the front driver side window squeek/rattle (mostly because of the rubber lining) and the rear rattle.

I am planning to get it fixed from my dealer during the next oil change. If the dealer says anything like "we could not reproduce it" etc, I will file a complaint with Better Business Bureau.

I would insist on riding with them and making sure they heard it.

·
Registered
792 Posts
If you can get it to reproduce the sound everytime - they will fix it. If it is an intermittant sound/noise/problem - how can you expect them to find a problem? Our dealership used the "Chassis Ears" on ours and it helped fix the issue. They used some other word - like microphone or something :) If you can only make it happen on a certain road - take them there. Any dealership worth anything will help fix the issue.

I think going to the BBB might be a little extreme at this point. Give your dealership a chance to make it right. If they can't - talk to Nissan.

·
Registered
114 Posts
If you are in California atleast, here is a tip to reproduce noises(reader discretion advised).

The while broken lines between lanes on each side on multi-lane streets and highways have white dots about 5-6 inches wide that act like tiny bumps, atleast in California.

I have heard every squeak and rattle when driving over tham for a few seconds while changing lanes.

Take the dealer mechanic to a safe road with little traffic and briefly drive on the white broken lines while changing lanes and let the mechanic hear the rattles and squeaks. Not to be tried on a divider that separates oncoming traffic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts