Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am getting a squeaking noise from the glove box only when I go over a bump of any size or a vibration is caused from the road. It has only started as of a month ago. I live in Alberta, Canada and it gets cold here, the colder it gets the noisier the squeak gets. I tried to pinpoint the problem without success.

My question is that has anyone else notice this problem and if so, what could be causing it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
466 Posts
I have had the same problem...dealer took about 10 tries to finally quite it down some...they just put lots and lots of insullation behind the box...good luck...it was a nightmare for me...

·
Registered
545 Posts
My dealership did the same thing with adding more insulation behind the glovebox. Did not work.

My solution, although ugly, was to quadruple fold a business card and put it into the slot/opening on one side of my glovebox. I think that mine is slightly out of alignment and the card seems to fix the noise while squaring up the box.

O well, I just don't trust the dealers to get this kind of stuff right.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tips!

I am going to take mine in to the dealership and see what they can do. Mine makes the same noise whether or not the glove box is open or closed, therefore leading me to believe that it isn't the glove box that is creating the squeak.

Thanks!

·
Registered
593 Posts
Squeaks and rattles? Sounds like baby mice living in the glove box to me, but I'm not an authorized Nissan service technician.

·
Registered
593 Posts
HA! :D But I think that would be classified under "snores" and rattles, which is an entirely different TSB.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Now I know where that voice for the Nav system comes from!

·
5,268 Posts
Ye, th eboard is definitely better than any TSB....

Glad you fixed the problem

1 - 11 of 11 Posts