Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had this problem?

It is most noticable when entering a driveway or something with an incline off the road, when leading with the front passenger wheel first, as the vehicle flexes (yeah yeah... it's a unibody...) there is a loud *THUNK* noise from the rear. As best as I can isolate it I think it's coming from the rear right (passenger) area. I've had it in to the dealer numerous times for this problem, and I'm at my wits' end with these guys. Every single time I get it back with some asinine cause, such as "jack was loose". Well, NO, the jack WASN'T loose because right before I brought it in the last time I took the spare tire, subwoofer, jack, and all accessories OUT of the vehicle to see if any of those were causing this noise, and they weren't! I even had the service MANAGER go for a ride with me the last time and he heard the noise. I got the vehicle back with the typical "could not duplicate problem, jack was loose" response. I'm fed up. If I get this vehicle back one more time with a "could not duplicate" I'm writing a very nasty letter to the GM of the dealership as well as Nissan USA. This is ridiculous, I don't even think the techs or service people are driving the vehicle. This is a VERY NOTICABLE NOISE! Has anyone had similar issues? I'm not a mechanic, but it seems like perhaps a strut mount or a bushing that's making the noise. I don't even think the techs have looked at the suspension even after I've asked them numerous times, they just keep treating me like a moron and telling me the jack is loose.

Grrrrrrrrr, why do I have to live in a city where there's only one Nissan dealer?!?

·
Registered
376 Posts
If yours is a 2003 MO , there is a TSB that might be applicable - NTB03-026 dated March 21 2003.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope, it's an 04 SE AWD, but I will read that TSB and see if it describes the problem I'm having.

Thanks for the heads-up.

·
Registered
747 Posts
special-k

I have read that TSB and I think it is the same problem. I have it as well. Usually when I enter a driveway or entryway that has the drainage area in front or a steep driveway I get the "clunk". At first it was just on one side but while my buddy was in the Murano with me it did it on both sides of the rear suspension. I think the TSB mentions the bushing or the shock mount needing trimmed. I can not always duplicate it but it has also been driving me crazy.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info on the TSB. The dealer called me today and asked how things were and I told him flat out that the problem has not been repaired, the service manager confirmed it last time I was there, and if they keep jerking me around telling me that it's the jack that I'm going to Nissan USA with this issue. For the first time, the dealer was attentive. He offered to have someone come TO ME with a loaner car and drive my vehicle back to the dealership so I didn't have to go back down there. I will have a printout of this TSB in-hand when I talk to them next. It may or may not be the problem, but I'm convinced that they haven't even looked at the suspension even though the manager said he thought it was a strut mount. We'll see how it turns out!

·
Registered
142 Posts
i hear that metallic click every time i press the brake pedal when driving out of my garage - my driveway is pretty steep, i hear those metallic clicks only a few first times i the brake padal.

is it the same story then?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Andy, you just may be hearing some slight movement from the pads in the calipers. All cars to some degree will have ever so slight movements of the pads in the calipers when direction is changed from forward to reverse. I have always heard a little something in most of my cars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts