Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Anybody,,,,

I just purchased a brand new 2004 murano SL, am I supposed to hear the engine and tranny,,, it just sounds noisey to me?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Did you test drive only the one you bought? If so, test drive another and compare.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I'd agree with Mopar, Noisey is a pretty subjective evaluation.

It really depends on what your coming out of driving.

I personally do find the Murano a bit on the noisey side, but I'm used to driving Maximas for the last 10 years, and they were always very quiet.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I actually found the Mo ('05) to be as quiet as the maxima ('01).

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Better Noisy than Nosy, One they hear you coming, the other they don't want you coming. GRIP :2:

·
Registered
242 Posts
I find the Mo to be pretty quiet. My wifes Camry is a little quieter and smoother but I drove my sisters new Ford 500 the other day and it makes the Mo seem like a library. I agree you should go and drive another one to compare it. :cool:

·
Registered
265 Posts
I think it is a lot quieter then my Xterra ever was, a loud stereo also helps...or maybe doesnt :p

·
5,100 Posts
IMO the major noise within comes thru the rear cargo area. The padding under the front is very thinck.

I added B-Quite to the rear cargo it's like Dynamat. Made an improvement. I like very quite inside. GRIP :D

·
Registered
719 Posts
GripperDon said:
I added B-Quite to the rear cargo it's like Dynamat. Made an improvement. I like very quite inside. GRIP :D
Grip, I agree that the noise I hear is coming from the rear area.

How far did you go with the "dynamat" knockoff in the rear in order to quiet it up?

Side walls?
Floor inside spare compartment?
Floor in general?

It looks like a very reasonably priced product, (while the dynamat isn't) but I'm wondering about just how much I want to order.

·
5,100 Posts
dklanecky1

Floor in general? I did not go crazy and I did remove the side cubbys and from amp mount all the way to the rear end. I am adding some under the front floor mats and up toward the fire wall as I have time. GRIP :D

·
5,100 Posts
B-Quite Ultimate. GRIP :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
How much of a difference?

Grip,

I too love a quiet vehicle and am interested in this mod. Can you advise how much of a difference you noticed after soundproofing the rear area. Since it is easily accessible I may tackle this early on if it is worth it. How much material did you purchase and if possible can you post a pic?

I went to the website and saw installs on cars without seats and a few trunks areas but seeing our vehicle would be helpful.

Thanks,

njmo

·
5,100 Posts
njmo

Sorry, I am afraid this won't be much help.

1. Everything is back in the cargo area, Cubbys, Tires, Sub, all three covers, didn't take pic when I did it. Did show it to MOpar. so pics are not available. Just imaging a simple bright aluminum looking covering.

2. Just tape the length and width add about 15% and order.

3. How much quieter. Wish I had a sound merer of before and after. Very hard to quantify, It's quiter, detectably yes, a lot no. Some yes how much ?

3. I bought way too much as I thought I would do completely both cars. I decided not to remove seats, way too much trouble. Am doing as I have time. Very tied up for next couple of week, Starting a new photographic business for grown daughter, New grandchild, Relatives bought house next door as winter home helping them, New HDTV, Cats, Dogs, arranging to give both horses to Youngest son.
, and the doggie back to Grippee's sister, where it belongs as she is now able to care for it again.

Sorry for all this un-wanted info. I feel bad that I am not helping so this is why all the excuses, I'll get caught up soon and do things better.

GRIP :D

·
Registered
153 Posts
No prob

I Know you have been very busy as I follow your postings closely. I will have to ride in the back seat a bit while the wife drives to see what noise I can pick up in the rear before I go for this mod. Thanks for the input and good luck on all that activity you have going on. Thanks for still making time for us here! It is very much appreciated.

njmo

1 - 15 of 15 Posts