Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I am currently working on my mother's 2004 murano while visiting her down here in Texas, I am adding an aftermarket Alpine SAT radio to it. Everything has been going great until trying to tap the stock headunits wiring for power, acc, and ground.

The way this XM setup works is, it has a brain (the XM reciever), it uses Alpine's AInet to attach itself to a FM modulator.

The XM reciever has been wired successfully. I am now trying to tap the Power, Acc Power and a ground of the head units wiring in order to get power for the FM modulater.

After searching I found a great wire diagram, but it was for the bose unit; My question: is the bose and non-bose pinouts the same for the separated 16 pin connector into the head unit?

My second question is a "did I screw something up" question: After unhooking and rehooking all the wires on the back of the a/c, radio console I turned the cars power on, none of the items in the console turned on! Is there a fuse that covers ALL these items together or did something worse happen....? The SES light was on aswell which is always unsettling when it comes to wiring. Keep in mind to remove the "pod" I had to pull the shifter back, during which I turned the ignition to ON while some of the plugs where undone.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Andrew.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I answered my own question thru the dealer.

The "pod" not functioning was a blown fuse and a faulty wire at connector M62, M63. The ECU thru 4 codes due to it, hence the SES light being on.

Andrew

1 - 2 of 2 Posts