Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a '03 without Bose sound system.
A friend made an upgraded on his Bose system to custom made system for his Murano.
Therefore I would like to upgrade my system to a bose system.
I could not find after a search a subject on this forum that can help me with this PB.
After reading several post in this forum I am aware that his is not the best system I can get, but at least it is free for me.
It is easy or who can help me, with some tips on installing the Bose system in a non Bose Harness? I made a first trial and it looks quite complicated however does it needs a lot of extra wiring? A new harness.... or somebody already made a post regarding this issue and there is and already an answer that I could not find on in this forum?

Thanks
Rocco

·
4,601 Posts
The major difference in connections is the outboard amplifier.

I don't know if the connections are there, but you should be ok to connect at the radio end, but you may have to cut the wires to the speakers to wire in the amp. Unless the connector for the amp is in the back.

Since your friend took his out, have a look at his connections for the power amp in the back. (the Bose, not what he may have put in) and see if yours has those connectors. They should be behind the right rear passenger seat.

Sorry, it's a little fuzzy. Must have been the beer.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
pazz,

let me know how this goes. I am doing the same thing. I have just found a bose h/u. I have external amps for the speakers and a sub (not the original equipment) and am interested in the difficulty level before I break everything open for the upgrade.

·
4,601 Posts
This is your brain. (Murano)

Attachments

·
4,601 Posts
This is your brain on Bose.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
That's great, but the question still remains. Will the nonbose wiring harness work on the bose h/u. Can the PAC OEM1 with the amp RCA and ADD-NIS2 adapters be integrated into the non bose harness to operate a separate amp on the bose h/u, or is there additional patchwork required?

·
4,601 Posts
The short answer is, you use the same connectors, but you cut the wires going to the OEM speakers and run them as balanced line level wires to the amp. Then you run wires from the amp to the speakers.

Basically, you have to insert the Bose Amp into the lines running to your speakers, so it looks like the Bose schematic.

The connector on the radio is the same. It's a pretty standard Nissan connector.

Actually, you could do the mod by buying both the male and female versions of those connectors and connecting them back to back, except for the speaker connections.

The long answer, I don't have time for right now, as I have to go to a meeting!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Are you saying that you still have to use the Bose amp?

"Basically, you have to insert the Bose Amp into the lines running to your speakers, so it looks like the Bose schematic."

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but if you cut the speaker wires from the OEM-1 connector aren't these low level signals and, therefore require RCA connectors to interface with the aftermarket amp?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I was thinking of doing this as well. If you can get the power to the H/U, which I believe is the same connector for non bose as Jaak stated. Than you can connect using the PAC OEM-1 and AMP-RCA.

The OEM-1 plugs into the back of the boses.

From there I believe you remove the bare wire harness from the OEM-1 and connect the AMP-RCA. This will provide you with 4 RCA connections that will connect to your aftermarket amp.

From the amp you will have to connect to the all (say) four speakers. This can be done two ways.

1. Running all new wire to all speaker locations, or

2. Splicing the factory speaker harness to connect to the speaker from these already installed wires.

Again as Jaak was stating, if you find nissan connectors to match the speaker harness connectors - you will not have to splice.

·
4,601 Posts
Here we go...

http://www.scosche.com//scosche_caraudio.aspx?CategoryID=44&ItemID=NN03RB

http://www.scosche.com//scosche_caraudio.aspx?CategoryID=44&ItemID=NN03B

These two connector sets will let you do this, without cutting into your Murano's harness.

Wire them together, except for the speaker connections.

If you have the Bose amp, then you need to find connectors for it so you can wire it up. If you're going aftermarket, then you need an adapter to go from a balanced line output, to unbalanced, as that's what most aftermarket amps want.

The Pac-Audio OEM1 looks like the right way to go. If you get it with a Nissan "C" cable, from Pac, I suspect you may be able to cut into that cable to redirect the speaker connections. Or you get the OEM2 version which has flying leads and just wire it into the connectors from scosche, above.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Looking at the schematics, I'm wondering if the power level of the signal coming out of the Bose headunit is the same as a non-Bose and the Bose amp is just amplifying a high level signal. If this is the case, I'd like to get a Bose headunit just for the CD changer capability and MP3 on the 2006's.

Can anyone answer this one? Sorry for the post-jacking but it's relatively the same topic.

·
4,601 Posts
I believe they are different levels, but I don't have a non Bose to confirm.

When I've measured the Bose, I've seen line level outputs, and doubt that would drive a speaker properly.

·
4,601 Posts
Here's what I figure needs to be done if you were to take a Pac Audio OEM-2 and connect it to a Bose head unit with an external amplifier.

The beauty of this, is that you can use the Scosche connectors NN03B and NN03RB to go between the radio and the Murano's harness, to attach an external amp, without cutting the Murano's harness wires.

Attachments

·
4,601 Posts
This based on the Pac OEM-2's manual which shows connections as below.

Of course, not all the Amplifier connections are shown, but it should be easy to work that out!

Attachments

·
4,601 Posts
This is similar to what the Scosche connectors look like.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
So, if I am upgrading from a nonbose radio to a bose radio, are all of the wiring harnesses compatible. IOW, can I just plug-n-play from my nonbose harnesses to a bose radio and an external amplifier?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Food for Thought....

I'm not sure if this is accurate. But, I saw an ebay item that indicated that, in order for the Bose's HU to work properly, you will need the vin number from the car the HU was taken from so that the dealer can reprogram the theft code.

Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am in the middle of this and I have a big issue. CD player works fine but the radio is completely silent. No static or nothing. If it hit seek it just goes around and around and never finds a station. Yes I have the antenna plugged in.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts