Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
newb here, great site! I recently purchased an 05 Mo S FWD. I have searched the forums for audio answers and found some but not all.

1. I want to install a CD Changer that is wired not the FM transmitter kind. I've been to four different audio places and they all say I would have to buy the Changer from the dealer, or a simple "it can't be done". I know it has been done from users of this board so what info do I need to take to the audio stores and tell them it can be done.

2. I would like to get the XM up and running but once again, they all say it can't be done without a receiver even though I told them it was already wired for this. I called the car dealer and they said they could do it for the small price of $600!

3. I have a pair of 6 1/2 Infinity Component speakers from my VW that I would like to put in the Mo, and from my understanding, there is wires for the tweeters in the dash but no actual tweeters in there. So in theory I should be able to have these installed in the front doors and in the dash locations no problem right?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
mrjinxx,

1. You can install the CD changer, but it is not perfect. See following link:http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1523&highlight=changer

2. The 05 is prewired for the sat, but you do need the receiver (that goes behind/under the right rear seat) and antenna (different from existing roof antenna (goes in rear of roof). The cost is approx. $400 for both plus install. Install is very simple in the 05 because of prewiring, so I would recommend that you do it yourself and save $200.

3. Speakers can be done easily. I did the OEM upgrade. The aftermarket upgrade may require plate adapter for proper speaker fit in door opening and a bracket with wire adapter/splice for dash.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
biggun, thanks for the response. Looks like I may hold off on the changer for a while but I will do the XM and component speaker upgrades. How easy is it for someone who does not know anything about installs to install the reciever for XM? I would love to save the dough but I don't want to do it if I will damage my beloved Mo!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
No offense mrjinxx, but you really need to learn how to do a search.
I've found my links for you with no problem.

See this link for all kinds of pics and info. Note that you will not need to do the harness install or even touch the head unit. All you will need to do is just the antenna and receiver - with the antenna being the most difficult.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
biggun said:
No offense mrjinxx, but you really need to learn how to do a search.
I've found my links for you with no problem.

he he, you could be right, however it's not that I don't know how to conduct a search. I have been lurking on this site long before I bought the Mo, and the information I gathered was one of the deciding points of the purchase. However the many audio searches I did might as well be writtin in Arabic. OHM, khz, so on and so forth mean little because at this time I do not know their meanings or purpose in the car stereo world. I tried to post my questions as basic as possible to avoid any added confusion. but I do appreciate your help:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts