Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I am a new MO owner !!!! And I Love It !

But just like most of you, I have the Non Nav Screen - OUCH !

So what do you do ? Give Up, HELL NO !!! I got the MO 4 day's ago, and I am a CLEAN SOUND SYSTEM kinda' guy. Nothin to blow your mind, but something that will make you belive that you are there with Dave Matthews....you know.... !

I have been reading these forums every chance I get to gather information on this problem...and thanks again for all of you that were brave enugh to try things to help us MO owners !!!!!

I read the "embedded" forum on this exact same issue...and thought of EVERY THING !!!!! So after doing a little shopping, I found it....what is it you ask ? Well I will tell you, but first let me tell all of you that I am a IT Guy, And my other hobby is hacking x-box's in many different way's just to see what you can get them to do... I know ALOT about this area, so if I can be of any help, just let me know... or PM me....

WHAT IS IT !!!!!!!! It is a Rear View LCD monitor Mirror.... WHY HAS NOBODY THOUGHT OF THIS YET !!!!! AND IF IT HAS, THEN I JUST LOOK VERY STUPID.......BUT I HAVE TO SAY THAT THIS IS AWSOME !!!!!!!!

The model I bought was a soundstream ( AR-35 ) 3.5" LCD Perfactly infused inside of a really good looking replacement rear-view mirror.... So in order to not make this post to long, I will brief what I did, and post pictures tommorrow.

I bought the unit for $149.99 at FRY's electronics in ILL.

I took off the MO stock mirror, yess ALL OF IT !!! ( I know that it shows you the direction, and has the useless home link feature on it, but now it's gone !!!!!!!!!!!!( - : So if these features are a must for you, then this will not work out for you.

I deismanteled the stock mirror, and took the mounting hardware off of it, then I dissmanteled the new Soundstram mirror, and mounted it on the new mirror.

Reassembled it back on the winshield, and hid the old stock harness under the roof liner lip in the front ( top of winshield ) ran the new cable ( only one cable from new mirror...) ran that under the lip as wel, and then along the lip on the passenger side, and eventually down the passenger seatbelt wall, ending at the bottom under the seat where my x-box is located at.

Result : A Stock looking mirror with a 3.5" LCD infused in it ( that you can't see when off - for the cops- looks like a regualr mirror ) and One hell of a clean install, within a matter of 30 min....

The best part is that you can reverse this whole thing when you decide to pick up your next MO...........

So I think i got it......The ultimate solution for us Non Nav screen owners.....( that don't want to wreck shop trying to find a new place for the screen...........

let me know what you all think .... and I will post pictures tommorow ( monday..... )

RS

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Good idea. However, I think the homelink buttons are awesome. I love the built-in garage door opener and the ability to turn on lights or my coffee maker from my car if I so choose! ;)

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Will you try and hook up a rear view camera to this screen? A TV antenna? Or is just for the Xbox only?

Thanks for posting in details what you did. It is great to hear what people have done to their Murano.

·
4,664 Posts
That. Is cool...

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
TheGymKid said:
Tuesday came and went... still waiting on pictures. :8:

(This was just an excuse to add another post # to my profile :29:
And Wednesday is almost gone...

·
Registered
792 Posts
I guess I don't understand what he was trying to accomplish.

I've been thinking of hooking one of these up in the Typhoon for over a year for an ECM monitoring program. I do like the Soundstream mirror though. And what was with all of the taking mirrors apart?

I too love the Homelink. I hate having a garage door opener floating around.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts