Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just yesterday bought my wife a 2005 AWD SE Murano. We opted out on the Nav system cause we travel out of the local area very little. We also opted out of the OEM DVD player for now cause I wanted to see if there were any better options. I have searched through the forum and found a couple of threads about aftermarket DVD players installed in the headrests, but nothing about a ceiling mounted DVD player. Just wondering what other options are out there and if any of you have had better luck with one over the other. We have a 5 year old and a little girl on the way. In our 2000 Pathfinder we just stuck a 9 inch TV with VCR combo between the two front seats. Worked ok, but a little retro at this point. If this has been discussed in a previous post please direct me to it or if not, please give me some ideas. Thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
We have a Gear 2 Gear player with dual 7" monitors we mount in any vehicle we need and can also use in the hotel room and what not. I got it off the Sam's Club auction site.

One screen mounts on headrest with straps the other between the front seats kind of suspended in place. You can also run different inputs into each screen so one kid could be playing a video game and the other watching a DVD.

We have had it for over a year and it works great. We have even taken it to hospital when one kid was in for stuff for them to watch DVDs there which was very handy.

I don't have any thoughts on a permanent install in the roof area but we have found the removable one to be extra handy in a lot of situations we would never have thought to use it otherwise.

·
Love to live w/ MO
419 Posts
same here,
i had the Kawasaki dvd player with dual monitors. each monitor can be mounted on the headrest and the dvd player can go in the centre console. only 2 wires coming out of the console...... but had no kids so just tested and returned it.
now got a baby so probably in a year i would be getting it again.
screen was really nice and it was progressive scan dvd player as well... cant complain.....
it was 399 CDN$
and still is....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts