Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys...I just installed the KPTechnologies "Navigation Bypass Module" in my 2005 Murano with Rear View Camera this past weekend, and it works like a champ...

I had to tell them the delay time to set til the "OK" buttons comes up, which in my car is 6.5 seconds, and the installation was pretty easy. The scariest part is soldering the OK button wire to the back of the circuit board for the head unit.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
MCowher said:
The scariest part is soldering the OK button wire to the back of the circuit board for the head unit.
You are gutsy! You took the HU apart to get to the circuit board and soldered something to it? Hope you won't need warranty work for that!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I was a bit nervous, but the solder point is so tiny, that I could remove the wire in about 10-15 minutes total time start to finish if I had to take it in for the stereo...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Generator's NoNag worked the same way? I have the full schematics for the AV system, but couldn't see anything anywhere where there is a separate "wire" that I could have tapped into instead of soldering...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts