Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from North Texas.

I've been drooling over the Murano for the last couple of weeks. I had been to the dealership a couple of times and really got to like the original design of the interior and exterior. Mind you, when I say original, I mean that in a good way, not in the polite way of saying "original" when refering to an Aztek.

Well, last night I finally had the time to test drive one at North Texas Nissan. BTW, this place burnt to the ground a little over a year ago and they just rebuilt it to Nissan's new standard for dealerships. It's [cartman] hella cool [/cartman] The Murano I drove was a 2wd SL (I have no need for awd) and I have to say that I was impressed. My standards for being impressed aren't that high when you consider that I drive an Explorer Sport. ;) However, the ride, power, comfort, and overall classiness of the Murano really had me going. The stretch of highway in front of the Nissan dealer is crap, so it was a good opportunity for driving at full speed. At 70MPH the Murano was pretty darn quiet. Only road noise intruded into the interior and that was still at an acceptable level. The Murano did an excellent job of absorbing the bumps along I-35. We then took it to a residential road that looked like the receipiant of a NATO bombing. The Murano handled that pretty darn well too. I don't think I would want the firmer suspension of the SE, I don't see myself doing any closed course racing in the Murano and I think I would rather have the softer ride of the SL. The nice thing for the SE is the Xenon headlights but I think you can still get that as an option on the SL.

Overall, I would have to say that my impressions were very good of the Murano. Heck, I was drooling :D

I can't wait for my tax refund to come in. That's whey I'm going to dump my Explorer and get my hands on the Murano. I came very close to buying one last night but I would have been too upside down on my Explorer for that to make sence. I also want a Copper Murano (ok, burnt orange) since that is one of my favorite colors.

Props to North Texas Nissan. The two sales guys that I talked to, knew the car and most of it's capabilities. They were curtious and low pressure. However the floor manager started to lay the pressure on a bit. I think he got the hint that I wasn't pleased with that and backed off. If I'm going to spend over 30 grand on a new truck, I'm going to get the truck I WANT and I want COPPER :D

cya

·
Registered
72 Posts
Check Out the Fleet Dept

I bought my Murano through the fleet dept. All negotiation was on the phone and no pressure at all. Give it a try. Many Fleet Depts will also through in extras that the regular guys won't. :lol:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Lol, I ended up test driving the Murano TWICE today at two different dealers. I walked in and asked for a brouchure (I'm scouting since my mom wants to get rid of her windstar and get a new car). The guy didn't have any, so he convinced me to drive it. I was truely amazed. Nissan did a fine job on this car/suv/wahtever_it_wants_to_be_called. I seriously couldn't believe how nice it was.
Later on today (well yesterday), I went to a different dealer because I really wanted a brouchure. They didn't have any and they convinced me to drive it again :D I was truely amazed. I foudn one with a navagation system on the lot and I played around with it. It also has a nice feature when you turn the car on, the seat moves to your position, then when the car is off, it moves back to make it easier to get in and out 8) I'm definitly recommending this suv to my mom. Before today, my recommendation was the Rx300 :twisted:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts