Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Wow. I think didn't take a very good "representative sample" in Washington. I'm amazed that it's not on the bottom of the list. People here are idiots.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Corin said:
Wow. I think didn't take a very good "representative sample" in Washington. I'm amazed that it's not on the bottom of the list. People here are idiots.
Well you have not met real Washington drivers in NE, i.e. DC metro area ...

why traffic is'nt moving

... Oooo I't raining, isn't it ...

... Oooo it is too sunny and bright

..... Oooo it is Monday

...... Ooo its Friday

..... Oooo 'cause rain just stopped

:D

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I think no matter where you go, others drivers are idiots. I've driven extensively in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Chicago traffic and find little difference. They're all nuts. :D

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Great remind me NOT to get GMAC insurance while here in MASS as the rate will be going up shortly.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
I have driven on both sides of Atlanta and find the worst stoooopid drivers on the south side. Actually, I figured it out one day. There's ole billy bob in his pickem-up truck, he's goin about 15 to 20 mph slower than the rest of the traffic on the freeway. Everyone is fighting to go around him. Then of course you have smartazz, he's the one that paralells ole billy bob, just so he can control traffic. Then you have the 20 car length space guy in the fast lane. Of course he's the one if front of you. You watch as folks from the right lane dive into the left lane in front of him, he just slows to put that dam 20 car lengths in again, then that fills up and he slows again---in an endless cycle. Of course you try to go around him on the right when there is a break after 10 miles, and what does he do? Speeds up, just to make sure you can't get in front of him.
Then you have the OH SHYT! drivers who see someone tap their brakes and they must panic brake for 3 seconds, then speed back up--just to do it again.
Then you have the "Oh, I'm in a car, and wait, I'm at a traffic light....and by golly, the light is green!" people.
Then you have the, "hey, look at my XXX car/truck/rediculously huge suv, I don't have to care if you want to get somewhere, I'm in front and I'm special" people.

But back to billy bob and his pick-em up truck.....
He leaves to go to work at what we would call 30 minutes too early. He does that so he can take his time and not get all stressed out.
You mix him with speed racers and people puttin on make-up, yakin on their cell phones, arguing with kids/spouce, rifling through their briefs, and you get some terrible traffic.

I loved the folks in Charlotte, NC in the rain. They would go to a side street of a main street and wait till there was a 3 car gap and try to cross 6 lanes, wheels spinnin at the max velocity, watching cars go spining and broadside past them, oblivious to the jackass stunt they just did.

On the northside of Atlanta when coming south into Atlanta for work in the wee hours like I do, you have the "I'm going 70, that is faster than the speed limit, if you don't like it, go around my right" people. Even though the majority of folks in the left most lane of 6 lanes are going 80. I've learned to keep right when I see those clogs coming up ahead because there is no one there, they are all in the left lane going their "special" speed.

I think they need to have camcorders in every car and play the worst of the worst every day on the news. Then have the cops visit them at their door and give them tickets for impeding traffic flow, or playing with whatever when they are supposed to be driving.
:2:

Oh, I had to add, I noticed that the tail gaters tend to stay back a bit more from me since I put on my hitch and have a nice shiney stainless ball mount and ball.

S

·
0 Posts
Corin said:
Good way of putting it, Corin. I agree. And I thought some of the people in the NY/NJ area were bad.... people in Washington... :bonk: ! And whenever these people see snow they start to freak out and they can't drive to save their lives. The slightest snow and they're all over the road.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Now...take all of those drivers that you all have been speaking about, add 20+ years, move them down here with no where to go except Bingo or early bird specials and you've got it all wrapped up into one big shiny headache every day of every month of every year here in S.FL. Oh, and don't forget about the vacationers in their rental cars, and you might as well throw in the International visitors also. You'd be amazed at the things you will see people do...or try to do.

·
Registered
758 Posts
midnitexpress

Amen to that. Same here in Central Florida. I think it's just bad everywhere. Our National road system is being overtaken by more vehicles than it was ever designed to handle.

·
Registered
55 Posts
To sum it up-Too many cars on the road and too many idiots driving them! The ones that tick me off are the drivers that speed up as soon as you put on a turn signal so that God forbid, you don't get in front of them and then change into the lane you just left! :3:

Ed

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
I think the real problem is that it's just too frickin' easy to get a license to drive in this country. If it were harder, people would either have to learn to drive better or they would have to take the bus.

We need more training before people get a license. We need more frequent testing to renew licenses. We need harsher punnishment for people that do stupid things.

Imagine how traffic would improve if nobody was allowed to talk on their cell phone while driving (I send a kudos to all areas that have instantiated this type of rule). Imagine how traffic would improve if people had to take (and pay for) a driver's training course (hands-on actual driving, not paper) every time they renew their licenses.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts