Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to your group. I made the decision to go ahead on a Murano until I was thrown for a loss when I learned that you cannot get the Glacier Pearl with black interior (either cloth or leather). My wife has an '01 Pathfinder and my son a '00 Maxima (both with leather) in this combo and nothing looks better, in my view. Nissan tells me that this combination proved to be unpopular in the clinics. That is very hard for me to accept. And the myth that black leather is just too hot is not so as we live in FL. I also found out that you cannot special order this. I was hoping that some member might have something insightful to tell me about this subject. And as a side note, you can get an '06 Pathfinder, Maxima or Altima in white with black leather ( I have seen them on the lot). I am disappointed and confused. Any other color is a distant second for me so I am stuck in neutral at this point. Thank you!

·
42 Posts
I've never understood why auto companies limit color combo choices even when people are willing to special order their preferences.

Begin imaginary beancounterspeak:-
"Nope, we'd rather not take your money and let you have the black/white color combo.... moving our headquarters to Kentucky/Tennessee/wherever will increase our profits enough that we won't have to worry about a few customers lost due to color combo issues. Now, if you will excuse me, I have to get back to our corporate mandated 'putting customers first' training session."
End imaginary beancounterspeak:-
:banghead:

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
"And the myth that black leather is just too hot is not so as we live in FL"
Please don't call me a liar.
It upsets me and I sometimes respond inappropriately. :)

Seems to me that those people who want black leather should get a cloth interior and then have a leather shop put in the black leather.
Shops here will do it for <>$1200.

Homer

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
hfelknor said:
Please don't call me a liar.
It upsets me and I sometimes respond inappropriately. :)

Homer
:2: :2:

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I agree with homer - you can probably get a good custom leather setup for the same price as the OEM option, and it would look better too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
katzkin is you friend. they make leather for the murano in all sorts of colors, black included.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Y'all are missing it. The Charcoal interior, cloth or otherwise, is NOT available with Glacier Pearl. Cafe Latte only. :(

I wanted the exact same thing, hoped it might become an option on the 06, but noooo. And I don't do tan interiors (even though the Murano's Latte trim colors are actually MUCH nicer than any previous Nissan tan I've seen).

I was lucky that I also like Platinum and Midnight Blue, so I ended up in Platinum w/black leather.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
that's extremely surprising that they didn't let you custom order it. i'f we were to get a new mo right now i'd opt for the glacier pearl with hazelnut interior(not yet available) and if they didn't allow that color combo even with special order it wouldn't be a pretty picture.

·
Registered
40 Posts
When I was searching for my MO, I came across two in stock at Mississippi dealers that were Platinum/Hazelnut. I didn't get to see them, but good to know they are popping up already. Neither had Nav or VDC or I might have gone that route.

As for the color combo, I would have also liked the white/charcoal, but am happy with the new silver and charcoal, as it is pretty light versus other colors.

·
136 Posts
Eric L. said:
I agree with homer - you can probably get a good custom leather setup for the same price as the OEM option, and it would look better too.
Focus on that and the exclusivity. I have Glacier Pearl and it may be the way to go. The door panels need to be included also. The dash in the Fl sun can definitely stay latte.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to those who replied

I was a touch surprised to see how many individuals commented on my color combo topic. Evidently you Murano people are a passionate group. Glad to see that! I appreciate the suggestion of just having aftermarket black leather done. While that is doable, it also just seems so crazy to have to go to the expense and trouble of that route. If a person wants to buy an SL model, of the eight colors available, the ONLY ONE you that cannot get charcoal leather with is glacier pearl. I'm not trying to be hardheaded about this, but I plan to write a snail mail letter to Nissan Consumer Affairs. Also, I have seen only two vehicles done in aftermarket leather (an Xterra & a Maxima). Neither one was as nice as factory. I am sure it depends on the place and the material, but this did little to convince me that trying to convert would be a good experience. The seven other colors with the black leather look great, but (for me) they are not the ultimate choice. I am just amazed by the situation. Just who was in this clinic that made them think that this would be an unpopular choice? And you cannot even order it? Puzzling to me. Thanks to everyone for the comments.

·
Registered
781 Posts
It seems like this was an option in '03. I wonder if this is something new they are doing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Never offered

To GMTURBO43, Nissan wrote to me by e mail telling me that this combo has never been offered. They at first said that it proved to be not popular so that is why they did not have it. Then I asked in what years was it offered (Iwas ready to hunt for a used one). They then conceded that it never has been available, but they came to this conclusion through a consumer clinic of some type. I respectfully suggest that their sample group was off base.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Not that I want to argue with Nissan - but I remember considering the combo when we bought ours. I had a Typhoon that was the same - white w/black leather and I remember spec'ing one like that. This was early '03. Hmm...now I'm going to be on a hunt for one.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
GMTURBO43 said:
Not that I want to argue with Nissan - but I remember considering the combo when we bought ours. I had a Typhoon that was the same - white w/black leather and I remember spec'ing one like that. This was early '03. Hmm...now I'm going to be on a hunt for one.
I've never seen this combo, but I guess the only way to prove this is to ask - are there any forum members with the color combo - Glacier Pearl with charcoal leather?

Some rare color combinations do exist. I remember when looking for my MO, it was the only MO in the entire state of California with the specs I wanted - Midnight Blue AWD SE with dark interior and VDC (had to get the leather/bose packages along with it). Most midnight blue MO's I see today have the Latte interior.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Flutie7NFL-

I am amazed that Nissan will not allow you to simply custom order this combination from the factory. In this day and age it should not be that difficult.

-njjoe

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
on ebay, i once saw a glacier pearl with...get this.. carbarnet interior. i thought i was kinda odd looking but this goes to show that factory ordering is possible.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts