Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are very few new Muranos on dealer lots in my area. In fact, I haven't seen a single Platinum with AWD in any inventory within a 50 mile radius. There are tons of new Altimas and Rogues, so why so few Muranos? Are they limiting production because of a 4th generation release in 2021?

·
Registered
823 Posts
From what I can see in my area sales have been very slow over the last year (I monitor daily,) and incentives very high.

My dealer's inventory:

·
Registered
129 Posts
There are 7 at the dealership closest to me. 3 of which are Platinums. The dealership I got my 2019 from only has 3...1 is a Platinum.

·
Registered
15 Posts
When I was looking in October for a Platinum AWD and not white/silver, there were none in Arizona. I found 1 in Southern NM and 1 in Northern NM. And they had big incentives. Then when the 2020s started to arrive 2 showed up in the Phoenix area. The 2020s had smaller rebates than the 2019s, but I did the math and determined that in 5 years a 2020 would be worth more that the difference in rebates than the 2019. So I bought the 2020.

I think that sales are slow for Muranos in general, and even slower for the Platinum AWD. It's primary competition is the Lexus RX350, in my opinion, and most people choose the Lexus because of the name. In the community I live in, the RX350 is the most popular vehicle by far. But I think the Platinum AWD is a much better value.

·
Registered
289 Posts
20 Muranos in stock at my local dealer and I live in a smaller upstate area in NY. The Murano is not the best selling Nissan, or the best selling Nissan SUV. As a dealer, I would order according to past sales with a slight boost for the refresh. Perhaps the lack of stock is a positive sign that the vehicles are selling. In that case, I'd imagine dealers have more on order.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Lots of 2020 Muranos in the Chicago area. There is also a good supply of 2019's. Most of them are black. With the current incentives, it's a good time to buy a new 2019 or 2020.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Just tell your dealer what you're willing to pay and have them get it for you. I got mine from 5 states away in November.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My closest dealer has 4 listed. When I got mine in December they had about 12. The dealer I got it from had 52 ( between 2 locations) in December and now has 36.

Don't know what that means... But stock has gone down.

·
Registered
239 Posts
That was the case when I bought mine at the tail end of 2016, I had a hard time find any in the trim and color that I wanted. A ton of dealers had plenty of S and SE models, a few SL and one or two Platinums, but they were always white or silver. I wanted Orange with a white interior and couldnt find it. Had to settle on gunmetal with black interior, but at least the price was right.

But having said all that, Ive been seeing a lot more Muranos on the road lately, so thats a positive! They were a bit of a rarity when I bought mine.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Here in WV,at my dealer, there are 13 on the lot, but only 1 Platinum. When I bought my 2018 Platinum, I had to order it because none of the dealerships had the Platinum AWD in red. Took 8 weeks to get it. I ordered it the last week in January 2018 and it didn't come in until the first week of April. They just aren't a big seller. The top seller around here is the Rogue. They have 64 Rogues and 8 Rogue Sports on the lot.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Here in WV,at my dealer, there are 13 on the lot, but only 1 Platinum. When I bought my 2018 Platinum, I had to order it because none of the dealerships had the Platinum AWD in red. Took 8 weeks to get it. I ordered it the last week in January 2018 and it didn't come in until the first week of April. They just aren't a big seller. The top seller around here is the Rogue. They have 64 Rogues and 8 Rogue Sports on the lot.
No real shock that the Rogue is a better seller. You get a lot of great features for a lower price. I really enjoyed my Rogues for the most part and sometimes miss it. I can completely understand buyers weighing the pros and cons between the 2 and opting to go with the Rogue over the Murano. This by no means that the Rogue is a better vehicle. But for a lot of buyers that want to get more for less it’s an attractive option. Also always seems to be better incentives for the Rogue (at least in my area).

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I realize that the Rogue is a better seller than the Murano because of the price, but the Murano is aimed at a different market segment. The Rogue competes with the Honda CR-V, Toyota Rav-4, Mazda CX-5 and Subaru Outback. While the Murano is not considered a luxury vehicle, in my opinion, it competes directly with the Lexus RX. The fit and finish and amenities offered on the Platinum are on par with the RX at a $10K less price tag. I love my Murano, but it's five years old now and I would like to get a 2020 Platinum AWD in the exterior and interior colors I want. So far I haven't been able to find one. With the discounts they are offering, now is the perfect time to make a trade. My fear is that the Platinum will either be discontinued or redesigned with third row seating, and heaven forbid they go to the 4-cylinder turbo that has become the norm in crossovers of late.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I realize that the Rogue is a better seller than the Murano because of the price, but the Murano is aimed at a different market segment. The Rogue competes with the Honda CR-V, Toyota Rav-4, Mazda CX-5 and Subaru Outback. While the Murano is not considered a luxury vehicle, in my opinion, it competes directly with the Lexus RX. The fit and finish and amenities offered on the Platinum are on par with the RX at a $10K less price tag. I love my Murano, but it's five years old now and I would like to get a 2020 Platinum AWD in the exterior and interior colors I want. So far I haven't been able to find one. With the discounts they are offering, now is the perfect time to make a trade. My fear is that the Platinum will either be discontinued or redesigned with third row seating, and heaven forbid they go to the 4-cylinder turbo that has become the norm in crossovers of late.
Murano's are out there but apparently just not in your area. I just checked my two local Nissan dealers in the Chicago area. One had 102 and the other had 84.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts

I think we are going to see a 4 cylinder turbo in the next edition with auto stop/start. I don't think there will be a 3-row. That would cannibalize the Pathfinder sales.

I don't really think people looking for the Lexus RX are cross shopping the Murano. I think it's the Murano owners that think it's on par with the RX. The rest of the world does not.

·
Registered
2020 Nissan Murano Platinum AWD
15 Posts
Murano's are out there but apparently just not in your area. I just checked my two local Nissan dealers in the Chicago area. One had 102 and the other had 84.
I'm in the Chicago area as well and was pretty specific with what I wanted. 2020 AWD Platinum in Gun Metallic with Graphite interior. Incentives were great and I was able to get the dealer to work with me. There were a few in the area that matched the specs I wanted.

Love it so far. I was cross-shopping with several different vehicles (RX, RDX, Edge, Outback, GC) and the Murano was the favorite. I can't stand how some newer cars slap a 12" ipad on top of the dash and have all digital controls. Murano has a good balance to the infotainment IMHO.

I know that, 4cyl, start/stop, etc are all waves of the future - glad I won't have to deal with them for several years!

MSRP: $47,805 - Discount: $12,185 = Price: $35,620 + TTL.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm in the Chicago area as well and was pretty specific with what I wanted. 2020 AWD Platinum in Gun Metallic with Graphite interior. Incentives were great and I was able to get the dealer to work with me. There were a few in the area that matched the specs I wanted.

Love it so far. I was cross-shopping with several different vehicles (RX, RDX, Edge, Outback, GC) and the Murano was the favorite. I can't stand how some newer cars slap a 12" ipad on top of the dash and have all digital controls. Murano has a good balance to the infotainment IMHO.

I know that, 4cyl, start/stop, etc are all waves of the future - glad I won't have to deal with them for several years!

MSRP: $47,805 - Discount: $12,185 = Price: $35,620 + TTL.
It looks like you got a really nice deal. I thought I got a nice deal. I bought at the end of February before all the "stuff" hit the fan. Little did I know what was coming in March. Enjoy your ride.

·
Registered
289 Posts
All stock is diminishing, the Murano has had some good incentives, which only got better after March. It makes sense that the supply is low. The best sellers had much more inventory on hand which is why we still see more of them on the lots. The incentives will fade as production and stock increases, but being an expensive vehicle I'd imagine Nissan will tread lightly. There's a lot of people out there who can't afford a car right now.

The massive incentives are a double edge sword. They increase depreciation of the entire generation from 15-20.

I wouldn't expect a new model for 2021, that honor seems to be going to the Rogue, which has been in its current generation longer than the Murano. My guess is the 2019 refresh and some continuing tweets will keep the current generation around for at least another year, maybe two. The car still looks fresh. There's a RX350 that parks next to me and you can see how Lexus took some design cues from the Murano, it's very obvious.

·
Super Moderator
8,275 Posts
Car sales are very weak, so I believe most manufacturers have reduced production. I don't expect significant improvement until we're past the worst of CO-19, perhaps next winter or spring.

However, if you're looking to sell, that should increase the value of good used vehicles.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Quite the opposite, trade in values plummeted over the course of the last few months. (steep discounts on new vehicles always has a downward effect on trade value). Dealers were stuck with used inventory as well. I'm hoping that when things eventually get humming, auctions running, etc, that used values will increase. It could be that many more people will choose to go used due to financial circumstances which would definitely help used car prices, trade values, and resale value.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I’ve seen many vehicles driving around our area (Kentucky/Southern Indiana) with temporary tags from dealers. It seems that many buyers are taking advantage of the increased used cars on dealer’s lots and the dealer’s need to move inventory.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts