Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed that the Intelligent Key allows you to lock the doors, leave the car running, and take the key with you without so much as a warning or a beep? At least that's the way my 2005 MO operates. My wife actually left the engine running through an entire 4 hour football game because of this. The engine is so quiet we didn't notice it until we were about to get back in the car. I would think Nissan would have incorporated some kind of auto-shutoff feature or at least a warning beep in the absence of the key.:confused:

·
Registered
161 Posts
My 05 gives out several rapid consecutive beeps when the ignition is on and the Fob gets more then a few feet from the door.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Mine also beeps. Maybe there is a way to turn off the warning. If so I would like to because I start it sometimes in the morning when I am at work to get the frost off but I also like to lock the doors.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
mine starts beeping like crazy also. whether the key is left in the car or the car is left running or the ignition switch is in any position other than off the car beeps at me. i just ran out to check it there is any possible way of turning off the beeper and it turns out that there isn't.

·
4,601 Posts
Ahh, so during the game, there were people looking at your wife's Murano wondering WTF was going on with it.

Interesting, so if you step out to grab a coffee and the bum on the park bench hops in to take it, he'll have to deal with the honking horn. Could be useful for him as he's speeding through traffic and red lights.

I'm sure they covered this when designing it. "Let's make it shut off when the remote's out of range!" at which point the Lawyer steps in and says "Are you nuts??? If the battery in the remote dies and the thing shuts down when it's doing 60 mph in traffic on a busy highway, we'll be liable." Corporate Lawyers often finish sentences that way. Canadians say "Eh", Americans say "Huh" and Lawyers say "we'll be liable."

OK, that was a generalisation. I know Americans that say "Eh" and Canadians that say "Huh".;)

·
4,601 Posts
Ahhh.... That's no fun! like you'd hear that on your way through a crowd to a game!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts