Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks. Bought my MO Friday nite. Bought it from dealer stock in Austin, TX for $900 over invoice, $1500 below MSRP. Probably could've done better, but was in a hurry. Midnight Blue.
So far, so good. Even figured out the rolling-code garage door opener thing. Lots of good info on this board helped with the buying decision.

Question... anyone tried painting the front grille to match body color (my wife calls me Mr. Monotone)? I've got an idea on how to prep it, but interested in any one else's experience.

Thanks.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, Dave.

Yeah, the main goal in getting the Murano (replacing a '91 S-Blazer with 210k mi) is to gain garage time for fiddlin' around with the Ty instead of maintaining the Blazer. The Murano makes the Ty seem stone-age in many respects, but all it takes is a 5psi boost launch to remind me why the Ty will always be top dawg in my garage!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Rick,

Yeah - I really like the Murano but it isn't the same.

I really prefer the ride of the Murano for day to day BS - but the Ty sure is fun.

I miss the hard shifts of the Ty the most when driving the M. :)

The CVT took a long time for me to get used to.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Newbie from France?

A visiting relative from France (drives a Jag, a Duranog, and formerly an Exploder) saw the MO tonight. He wants a yellow Hummer. Might be a hard sell, but Wednesday, we're taking him for a test drive at our favourite dealer. He could maybe import the first one to France (if they really are only sold in N. America).

He would like to have the only one of something. My guess is sunlit copper.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts