Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving one day and my radio started glitching out like turning off and on by itself (the whole display) then shortly after my car just died completely at a red light. It was stuck in drive and my key was stuck in the igniton. I had to use a friends key to put it in park and remove my key.Had to get it towed. At first thought it was my battery. I was wrong took it to O'reillys to get it tested its perfectly fine. Nothing is working what so ever. The only thing that works is when I put my key in the ignition it reconizes it and make the beeping noise (when my door is open) it wont crank ore even attempt to start. Please help me. Ive done research and can not find any solution.

·
Super Moderator
8,069 Posts
I don't understand why the wrong key would allow you to do anything with your car - it should not have. That part if unclear to me.

The battery was a good guess, as this sounds electrical. Now you need to look downstream of the battery. It sounds like it's not making contact with the car, so start by checking your battery cables at both ends - has one come loose? Make sure the battery terminals are clean and the clamps are tight.

If that checks, look at fusible links and fuses. Go to the NicoClub.com site and download the service manual for your car - they are all available there.

Sounds to me like the electrical circuit in the car is disconnected. Start looking and hopefully you'll find it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think he meant wrong key. He just needed another key or screwdriver to unlock the shift lever if I understand correctly.
I don't think he meant wrong key. He just needed another key or screwdriver to unlock the shift lever if I understand correctly.
Yes thats correct in order to manually shift gears

·
Super Moderator
8,069 Posts
What about your actual problem? Please update.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts