Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really had a lousy experience at my dealer when buying the vehicle. To sum it up, the sales guy was a joke, they did not disclose that the Murano was a previous sale return, and I had to return twice to fill out paperwork they messed up. There one and only saving grace was they had the Murano in the EXACT color, trim and options I wanted- and to find the 04 I wanted in November was quite a lucky catch. 'Bud Gordon's Quality Nissan in Temecula'

I blasted them in the Nissan North America Questionaire. I hope that feeds back to them if others have had similar experiences.

Anyways, fed up I decided I would NOT be returning there again. I tried to schedule the 3,000 mile service at Mossy Nissan in Poway. I was on hold for 15 minutes, then I hung up and requested the service manager, left a voice mail, and he never called back!!! A 3,000 mile service! A 30 minute job.

What is wrong with these dealers? Any San Diegans have a positive experience with a Nissan Dealer?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Unfortunately if there is one thing I am always hearing is that most (not all) but most Nissan dealers are very difficult to work with. I've experienced the same in this area through several different dealers. Nissan is making big mistake.

My wife has a Lexus and although I would not expect the same treatment it is a very night and day difference.

I hope Infinity is better otherwise Nisssan is doomed. Of course one may ask knowing services is lousy why would my family have six Nissans thus far..... hmmmm. :8:

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Gonzo

Night and Day had both. H and H difference. Grip :D

·
Registered
309 Posts
I'm not sure how Nissan North America will treat the treat or act on it. But I believe that the owner of the dealer will see a copy of the survey. If there's anything credible about the owner, hopefully he/she will step in and do something.

When I got my Mo, the GM of sales talked about the survey and asked that we rate them an excellent, given their fine service to me, since the owner will see the survey.

So hopefully something good comes out of your survey.

·
Registered
26 Posts
San Diego Mo owner

I too have a crappy experience with the dealer in San Diego. I bought from and take my vehicle to Mossy Nissan in San Diego and I have complained loudly in the questinaires too. The salesman I had was a jerk, treated my wife like a jerk and riduculed us when we were hesitating on whether to drop 33 grand on a car. Service has been a real joke. I have asked questions and received wrong answers. The only reason I know the answers were wrong was because of reading this forum. My first 3000 oil change took them an hour because they lost my reservation and then they didn't tell me the car was done and ready. At the time I wasn't told they had a 30 minute gaurantee. I hate going back there, but I don't have a choice with Nissan dealers.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Actually the survey does count for something. Nissan Corporate uses it to rank dealers - the dealers with higher customer satisfaction get their preferred choice of vehicle deliveries - for example a lot more hot selling high profit Muranos than cold fish Sentras.

·
Registered
89 Posts
From what my dealer told me too... the questionnaire is used to provide direct feedback on the guy/girl who sold you the car... 100% means they get all the commission... maybe wrong but just my two pennies worth of knowledge

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I believe you are correct on that part too. When I purchased my Murano (and Maxima 8 years ago) I got both an in-the-mail paper survey and a phone call survey. The one in the mail from my dealership, and the phone call was from Nissan Corporate. Perhaps each survey serves a different purpose. I do know that the sales manager called me several times to remind me to say all excellents on the phone survey, and his reason was so he won't get an allotment of purple cars. (not that there is anything ugly about the Chardonnay murano - now a Concord purple Maxima is another thing all together!)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Toyota dealers bad too

The bad experiences mentioned remind me of my experiences with 5 different Toyota dealerships. My main complaint is that they would not complete a repair correctly and I would have to go back a second time. So I don't think your Nissan experiences are Nissan alone. I just got my Mo and haven't had my first oil change or service yet but I hope I have a better experience with Nissan than Toyota.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Same experience here. After agreeing on a price over the phone, I came in to do the paperwork. After I came in, I wanted to know about options and all that stuff.

Since they assumed that I was already buying the car, they stuck me with a rookie salesman. Any question came with a response of "I haven't taken that training yet, let me go ask the other guys."
He was trying to "relate" to my needs spuuing BS left and right.

They called me up about the survey they were going to send and said to fill it out with all excellents. Ha Ha, I called them up and said NOPE!

One thing that really pissed me off was that I was quoted $300 for the roof rail install. I didn't know at the time so I said I'll do that later. After some comparision shopping and this website, the cost total was over $1000 for the job! For that much, I would put in another $500 and got the premium package. All I got was "well the saleman didn't know what he was selling you and he got the wrong quote." All I got for this experience was "come in and we'll re-detail the car for you."

Someone not getting a good survey.

Funny thing is, this is my second nissan. I had a somewhat bad experience that time also. Gave a bad survey and the results........my saleman loss his commission.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Just a quick reminder to everyone... you do not need to have your oil changed at the dealer to maintain your waranty. Just save your invoices!

·
5,100 Posts
I guess that most of them are bad

Other than SOME MB, BMW, AUDI and other top end vehicles it seems like the pressure is so great that they don't have the time to do a good job. But individualism will always create exception to every rule. But then if you try hard you probable just get shafted by the politics and end up burnt out. :(

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
The tail of the snake follows the head.

Car companies that have a strong dealer service program are universally recognized as having, even if not perfect, better service departments (read customer satisfaction) than car companies that do not. As Grip says, that is generally those companies that make so much money off you that they can afford to do an outstanding job in service. You pay for it.
But Chysler and Ford have always treated me better, and were better trained, than either of the two dealers here.

It appears to me that Nissan doesn't have a program other than a "rating system".
The infamous "survey".
Some try to replace a fully functional system with a survey.
It doesn't work.

Nissan is not a very good car company.

That is not to say that they don't make good cars (Although their workmanship leaves a LOT to be desired and yes, I am talking about their Japanese plants as well).
But we see it here. People are being mistreated by service departments that are undertrained abd have a poor atitude. Moving to a different dealer sometimes works, but more often not.

I am really getting to like my Nissan again (Loved it initially and then didn't care much for it after 6 trips to the dealer in the first 6 months)
But I will not buy another one.
It's not the car.
It's the car company.

I am very disappointed.
Sometime ago I heard that Ghosin had moved to take over NNA.
I expected some improvement.
I suspect the improvement was financial.
Ghosin, and for that matter Renault, do not have service as a priority.

Sales keep going up due to the design and performance of the cars.
Nothing will change.

Nissan is saying, "This is how we do business. If you don't like it, don't let the door hit you in the ass."

I won't.

Homer

·
Registered
79 Posts
couple of bugs - good dealer

Folks,

My '04 is now 5 months old. We had a couple of bugs, but the dealer bent over backwards to fix them in a timely manner. We found the Mo we wanted 90 miles away in Greensboro, so service is a planned event, not a drop by. Our first maint visit we had 2 warranty items - bad drivers door speaker and missing tow hook cover in the front bumper. The dealer pullled them off stock vehicles to fix in 4 hours while I had their loaner. Crown Nissan in Greensboro has been very nice to deal with so far. First O/C was free!

Chuck

·
5,100 Posts
A glimmer of sunshine

My recent experience at the Pinnacle Repair shop left me with improved feelings. They did a good job on the key and cared enought to overnight one in from Califirnia. At no charge, Free fill up with Gas for the trouble. hmmm. Step up, so noted. Grip :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts