Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The nissanusa website is listing a promo called "Nissan NOW" which is their latest version of their National Sales Event which runs through April 3rd. The Murano has several promotions:

1) Lease a 2006 SL AWD with Touring Package for $359/month and $2,399 initial payment. 42 months.

2) 3% APR for 36 months for the purchase of any 2006 Murano.

The "disclaimer information" for the lease offer states the following: "$0.15 per mile for mileage over 1200 miles per year." Yes, that is what it says... 1,200 miles per year!! I am hoping it is a typo.:D

-njjoe

·
Registered
216 Posts
Yes, it is a typo, it should be 12K miles/year.

As far as the lease deal goes, it is actually worse than last month. The lease rates stayed the same and residuals are 1% lower. This means payments would go up from last month (assuming the same selling price)

Look for lease rates to hopefully get better for April, although if Murano sales continue at their record pace, this may not be the case.

The special finance rates are new for this month are are typical of mid-model year offerings.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shappy0869-

Thanx for putting the current lease promotion into perspective. I would have assumed it was a good deal to go along with the national sales event. Buyer beware.

-njjoe

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
I had a conversation with the CarsDirect.com representative yesterday (he is trying to find me a new Mo) and he told me that it is 4% APR on purchase any new Murano for 48 or 60 month. I guess we can add this to the list…;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
better deal found

Hi all! I am currently looking to lease a 2006 SL AWD with the Touring Package, as my current lease for 2003 SL AWD is up in a month. I spent my whole Saturday talking to 3 dealers(whom I previously contacted over the phone and clarified all of the numbers with). Of course, the initially promised rate went up ($339 with ~$1650 due at signing was too good to be true and ended up being "with the third party, without gap insurance and option to purchase the car at the end of the lease")..long story short - the best deal I got was $360 with $1600 due at signing, which is still better than the national program. Yeah, forgot to mention, the deal I got was offered in New York, at Staten Island Nissan. I am still thinking whether I should wait till April as my lease expires on April 19th and is already paid for. Any comments?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Historically, April usually starts the "meat" of the model year deals and offers for most manufacturers. I suspect the lease offers from Nissan will get better.

Of course if sales of the Murano continue to increase over last year, like they have been doing, things may not get any better.

However, if it were me, I would wait.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thank you! I think it's a good idea to wait for a couple of weeks.
Hey, maybe upcoming Mazda CX-7 is going to make the crossover competition harder and Nissan will decide to slash couple of bucks for better lease offers ;)?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just got my new one, on 03/30/06, it's Platinum SL AWD with Touring package, optional cross bars and wind deflector.
The lease deal looks like the best out of all reported so far: 42 months, 12,000 miles: $360/month with $1600 dues at signing (INCL. taxes, first payment and DMV charges). I also took optional $20/month exteneded warranty(Security Plus) up to 42,000 miles and Road Hazard to protect tires and rims for another $8/month.
Including everything my monthly payment totaled $378.
This car rocks!! Such an improvement compared to my 2003 SL!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Do you realize that you are paying an extra $840 to cover your car for 6 months when all the major mechanical items (including engine and CVT) are covered for 5 years and 60K miles? I am not sure that is really necessary. Being an extended warranty, if you decide you want to, you should be able to get that removed from the lease contract, since you have not used it yet.

However, if it makes you feel better, then by all means keep the coverage. I just want you to realize how much you are actually paying, and for what.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thank you! I actually thought of it, too, maybe it's an overkill.
I didn't know I could have them remove this option, this is actually possible?! Do I contact the dealer or NMAC if I decide to do so?
Also, if I don't have Security Plus and some breakdown occurs within the basic warranty coverage period, do I get a road side assistance, towing and a rental car while it's being repaired?

·
Registered
216 Posts
I know when it comes to financing a car, you can get your money back on an extended warranty if you never use it (ie: get rid of the car before the factory warranty expires), but I am not sure on the lease. I would contact Nissan and Nissan Finance and see what they have to say.

As for towing, this is from the Nissan USA website:

We realize there's a lot of information to digest about your Nissan's warranty, so we've compiled a short list of Frequently Asked Questions below. For more detailed information or for topics not covered below, read your Nissan's actual warranty or download a PDF of the warranty here.

When does the warranty on my Nissan begin?
How long is my Nissan's warranty and what does it cover?
Is there a deductible for warranty repairs?
Is towing covered?
Is rental car reimbursement covered?
Who will determine if the repair on my vehicle is covered?
Will I be reimbursed for a warranty repair not done at an authorized dealer?
Are scheduled maintenance services covered by warranty?
Can I modify my vehicle or add accessories not authorized by Nissan?
How often do I take my Nissan for service?
I misplaced my Warranty Information Booklet. How can I get another copy?

When does the warranty on my Nissan begin?
The warranty period begins on the date the vehicle is delivered to the first retail buyer or put into use, whichever comes first.
How long is my Nissan's warranty and what does it cover?
The Nissan New Vehicle Limited Warranty's coverage is 36 months/36,000 miles. Powertrain coverage is 5 years/60,000 miles.
Is there a deductible for warranty repairs?
No, there is no deductible for warranty repairs.
Is towing covered?
If your vehicle is inoperative due to failure of a warranted part, towing service to the nearest authorized Nissan dealer is reimbursable for 36 months or 36,000 miles, whichever comes first.

Is rental car reimbursement covered?
No. However, rental car reimbursement is a benefit of most of the Security+Plus Service Agreement plans.

Expand your service coverage
Who will determine if the repair on my vehicle is covered?
Take your vehicle to the nearest Nissan dealer. Once they have diagnosed the problem, you will be advised whether the repair is covered. Complete the information below to locate your nearest Nissan dealer.
Will I be reimbursed for a warranty repair not done at an authorized dealer?
Your Nissan warranty generally requires that you take your Nissan to an authorized Nissan dealer. However, contact Nissan Consumer Affairs at 1-800-NISSAN-1 between 9:00 am – 6:00 pm Eastern/Central Time, and 8:00 am – 5:00 pm Pacific Time, Monday through Friday to find out if, in your particular situation, the cost of repair is eligible for reimbursement.
Are scheduled maintenance services covered by warranty?
No. You are responsible for properly using, maintaining and caring for your Nissan as outlined in your owner's manual and your Nissan Service and Maintenance Guide. Keep copies of all maintenance records and receipts for potential review by Nissan. Failure to do so could result in the denial of warranty coverage.

Evidence that required maintenance has been performed in connection with related warranty repairs should be kept as proof of such service. You can use our online Service Record Manager to help you keep track of routine maintenance, but keep copies of all maintenance receipts and records. There is also a convenient maintenance log in your Nissan Service and Maintenance Guide.
Can I modify my vehicle or add accessories not authorized by Nissan?
Your Nissan New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover repairs for damage or conditions which are determined to be due to the installation or use of non-Genuine Nissan Accessories available at the time you order or purchase your new Nissan, as well as after purchase from your Nissan dealer.
How often do I take my Nissan for service?
Click below for an outline of the general maintenance requirements. For complete maintenance requirements, refer to the online Maintenance Schedule and Guide located in the Vehicle Care section of this site. For models prior to 2002, refer to your particular model's Nissan Service and Maintenance Guide.

So, towing is covered for 3/36, but rental reimbursement is not. However, check with your dealership to see if they offer loaner cars. Plus, if your car is in for warranty repairs, most dealerships have rental car companies right on the premises. In the unlikely event that your new car does need warranty coverage, it is likely less expensive to rent a car for a day or two (if necessary) than the cost of the extended warranty would be.

When my Murano comes in next month, if the preferred lease term is still 42 months, I will be leasing that long and I don't plan to pay for an extended warranty.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thank you for such detailed information! I am actually holding on the phone for NMAC right now to verify whether I could remove extended warranty from my contract. Yes, I won't be covered for the rental car if a breakdown occurs, but we have a second car in our household for such events. Let's see, if it's impossible to remove it, I still got a pretty sweet deal that's still $100 below my previous lease for '03 SL AWD w/Touring!
I'll let you know what NMAC said.

·
Registered
49 Posts
well, that's the story:
since the leasing contract has already been signed and processed, even if I cancelled the Security Plus, my monthly payment wouldn't change. The money would be applied towards my account as a Security Deposit and paid back to me at the end of the lease.
I decided to keep extended warranty, as it also offers a rental car coverage when something is wrong even during the basic warranty period. I wouldn't want to not be able to drive for at least a day.
Also, considering the fact that at the end of the lease I will be required to fix every little thing that might be malfiunctioning, it just makes sense to me.
Thanks for your concern though!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts