Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks.
Just got my new 2004 Murano 2 weeks ago. Totally in love with it. So obvioiusly I'm looking to dress it up and protect it.

I was wondering if anyone knew if anyone had a grill guard. How much it was, and pics if you had.

Also... a bit off the topic. But my fuel economy is at 13-14 mpg. Does it take a while for it to go up?:confused:

·
Registered
110 Posts
http://waag.com/showroom/178.php from another post.

Fuel economy - are you figuring it the old school way or just going by what the 'puter says you are getting? I've had mine two weeks (almost) and my first tank of petrol the computer said I was getting 13.2 mpg. When I figured it the old school way I actually was getting 17.9 mpg. Not bad considering I'm breaking the car in.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
old way?

i'm not too sure i get what you're saying by the old way and what the computer says. the computer tells me that i'm using on average 13.2 mpg.

what would be the old way?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Paper and pencil. Reset your trip meter when you fill up. At the next fill up, write down the mileage and the number of gallons of fuel you put in the car. Then divide the mileage by the gallons and you will get the MPG.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Only rear bumper guards I have seen are one that is sort of a step/guard that attaches to a trailer hitch or the one on the WAAG site.

Its not a bother at all.

All of us are here to do 2 things.
1.) Learn and share information about anything and everything MO'vin, and
2.) To share the common bond that is the MO.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Any idea how the Nissan one bolts on? Is it a dealer fix or can an average joe put one on?

·
Registered
180 Posts
quikkik said:
Hi folks.
Just got my new 2004 Murano 2 weeks ago. Totally in love with it. So obvioiusly I'm looking to dress it up and protect it.

I was wondering if anyone knew if anyone had a grill guard. How much it was, and pics if you had.

Also... a bit off the topic. But my fuel economy is at 13-14 mpg. Does it take a while for it to go up?:confused:
quikkik

Welcome.

You've seen the other replies for the front grille guard. There are only the two, that I'm aware of: the Waag and the Nissan. From what I've read and been told, the Nissan is a straight bolt-on. The Waag, I don't know. The Waag rear bumper guard is the only one I know of like that.

The fuel economy will improve as the MO is broken in. Also, be advised that living where you do, the cold will put more strain on the engine & accessories = more gas. Patience and warmer weather are the two keys to seeing the mpg in the area of 22-25 highway. The computer's not bad, but it's not great either -- it doesn't really update itself quick enough. But don't worry -- you'll get the hang of it and eventually will be seeing good mpg.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
I just ordered the push guard from Nissan, with all the crashes that happened in the past week when the snow rolled through I just dont want to take a chance anymore. Anyway, here is a quick photoshop I did of the pushguard on my car with some 20 inch ADR-X rims.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
yep, added to my wish list...just have to save for them now. Anytime I add anything you all will see the pics! (Or in person if anyone so wishes) :29:

·
Registered
33 Posts
yep, added to my wish list...just have to save for them now.

Snow Mo,

Just curious. What exactly is on your wish list?

What would be your wish list if Santa drop 10 G's in your stocking?

:4:

·
4,664 Posts
You'll have to post a pic of it when you actually get it on...

I'm split... Part of me likes it, the other part thinks it looks like your MO has a retainer...:D

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
trevmiesterj said:
yep, added to my wish list...just have to save for them now.

Snow Mo,

Just curious. What exactly is on your wish list?

What would be your wish list if Santa drop 10 G's in your stocking?

:4:
Good Question. I wish Santa would be so generous.
Right now I am looking to do the following:
nudge bar -purchased-
rubber floormats -purchased-
rear bumper protector -purchased-

-The Rest is the $10G wishlist-
EXTERIOR
-roof rack
-safari roof top cargo carrier
-sunlit copper colored net to cover the roof carrier
-fog/driving lights mounted to front of cargo carrier
-reverse/'get off my rear, im doing the speed limit' lights mounted to rear of cargo carrier
-20 inch ADR-X rims with 295 or 275 wide tires
-Hidden hitch tow package
-Custom emblem to replace Nissan Logo on the back
-Aftermarket Grille
-Tint the front windows to match the rest
-Aftermarket exhaust (duals from the cat back)
I looked at the 350Z exhausts and figured that one of those could be adapted. I especially like the 5Zigen exhaust because it has a nice low RPM rumble which is the range my MO normally drives in.
-Paint engine cover sunlit copper

INTERIOR
-NAV/TV TUNER Kit
-DVD Player
-Rear seat monitors
-Reverse Camera
-Replace all speakers
I'm hesitant about the sub because I want to keep a stock look, but definitely want to use the SHIVA sub that I have sitting in the garage. Man that thing hits! :2:
-Brushed Aluminum interior kit
-Pedal Covers

I think thats my WISHLIST. Unfortunately I will probably never see ALL of that. That is, unless someone wants to sponsor me ;)

It's a great car, but seeing as there are a few more romping around the area I want to stand out a bit more. I'm trying to photoshop all the mods I want on and then compose pictures of all of them with different bits and pieces. I know that in this list there is a lot of stuff and I sure don't want the MO to look like all of these things are slapped on there, but if someone gave me $10,000 to spend on my pumpkin I wouldn't hesitate to get the above.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
in chrome

i wish i could show you what it looks like in chrome. so nice. i saw it on the street once, with matching nerf side rails.

chrome...oooo...chrome.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
You definitely love the chrome!

Let's all see what it looks like on the MO, unchromed, and if that doesnt tickle my fancy, I may go the chrome route

·
4,664 Posts
Yeah, needs to be chrome...:D

·
Registered
792 Posts
Then if it's chrome - your MO can have braces :)

I've heard mixed feelings about the brush guard and the effectiveness they provide during impact. Most of them are built more for decoration than protection. I'm sure they'll buckle under pressure and instead of having a dented bumper - you'll have a dented bumper, a dented hood and two broken headlights. :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts