Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ahh, it's inevitable. Two days of ownership and I've found my first nuisance. :) Anyone else have a habit of bumping the windshield wiper switch while reaching for the key to turn off the car?

-marius

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have not had the problem of turning on the wipers, but I do shock the s#it out of myself each time I get out of the car.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
No issue with key removal, BUT... For the first few days of ownership I yanked on the wiper handle thinking it was the gearshift. I'm waiting for a valet to try to pull it into drive and snap it off. That wiper handle is looks too musc like a tranny shifter. It will happen to someone...:mad:

·
Registered
78 Posts
nuisance

No issue with key removal, BUT... For the first few days of ownership I yanked on the wiper handle thinking it was the gearshift. I'm waiting for a valet to try to pull it into drive and snap it off. That wiper handle is looks too musc like a tranny shifter. It will happen to someone...

In response the shifter is the large shifter assembly located between the front seats!!!

·
4,664 Posts
Yet to hear of it happening, so either it doesn't, or the people that did it are just to embarassed to admit it. Valets drive enough vehicles that it's not likely a problem.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
The detent for the "one wipe" function is a bit weak, so whenever I am turning off the wipers I always hit the lever a bit too far upwards and cause an extra unwanted wipe. Over 10 years, that might equal one pair of wiper blades hehe.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Eric L. said:
The detent for the "one wipe" function is a bit weak, so whenever I am turning off the wipers I always hit the lever a bit too far upwards and cause an extra unwanted wipe. Over 10 years, that might equal one pair of wiper blades hehe.
Yeah, I do that too :)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Valets drive enough vehicles its probably not a problem
My son was a country club valet in college. When he was new, he didn't know much about different vehicles and because we had lived overseas where the driving age was 18, he had not been driving long either. Also there was a big turn-over of people there. And don't think they didn't take a little spin around the property in the most exotic vehicles!

Also when I was a kid a valet wrapped my mother's new car around a pole while we watched.

I use valet service when I must, but they make me nervous.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts