Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any Murano owners that live in the NYC area on here?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do you like your Murano so far? I just got mine yesterday and already am in love with it :)

how does yours looks de-badged, have any pics?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've had mine for about 3 weeks. Still loving it. Today, I am having a DVD system installed for the rear seat. The screen is going to stow away in the center storage bin.
Sorry, no pictures yet :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Live and work in CT, about 50 min from NYC. Got my MO 6 day's ago.
Love'n It.
Looking into a SAT.

Do I smell a rendezvous ?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That would be nice :)

We should try to get live 15-20 MO drivers and go out for a drive.
Wonder how many heads we will turn with that convoy :)

Do you think Nissan will offer a retro kit for the Sat?

I would love for it to be intergrated into the color screen of the nav display.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'd be up for a drive some weekend but then I've been wanting to do that in my '02 Miata and I still haven't had a chance to :)

I'm going to be installing the sat kit soon. My local infiniti dealer sold me the tuner and UPS just delivered the pre-wire harness the other day. (Ordered from Grubbs in TX. The local dealer didn't have the harness)

Do a search for SAT for more info. A couple of members have put up some sites with very helpful information on this topic.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Has anyone done it with the color screen with the nav?

Wonder how hard it is to do that.

·
Registered
29 Posts
It was my understanding that the 04 are pre-wired. The dealer didn't have a clue what I was talking about.
To tell the truth, the whole SAT has me confused ( not hard to do). I'm going to call the service department
and see what gives.

I like the idea of 15-20 Mo's driving down the Highway. Would freak people out.:cool:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess we have 3 so far :) on 12-17 more to go

If it is pre-wired, than it is only a matter of hooking up your sat receiver (XM or Sirus) correct?

·
Registered
51 Posts
If they are pre-wired then all you should need is the tuner. It mounts in the rear behind the back seat near the BOSE amp (if you have BOSE). Nissan dealers do not have the tuners. I had to get the tuner from an Infiniti parts department. I just told them that I needed the tuner for the G35. You can also order the tuner online at http://www.infinitiwholesaleparts.com

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol, i guess they are on to us:

Please Note! - Do to recent restrictions from Infiniti concerning the Sat Pre-Wire Cable you can no longer purchase the cable separately. You must also purchase an Infiniti OEM Satellite Radio Kit.

What receiver is good for the Murano?

·
Registered
51 Posts
You want the Infiniti kit. ( I believe they're all the same) You can tell them that it's for a Murano.
I saw that notice come up on their website right after I placed my order and I was a bit worried about being stuck with the tuner and not being able to get the harness. So I called Carvey at Grubbs and he assured me that they were sending the harness out to me.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I think I will give them a call :)

Just to be sure i get the right stuff

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got Carvey's voice mail, so i will wait for his call back.

Is he the only one that works there?

·
Registered
29 Posts
OK, so the 04 is already wired up for a SAT. I buy a tuner an that's it? What about an antenna, or does it work of the nav antenna?
If not, where do you place the antenna?
I'v read post of the 03's, how different are the 04's
Excuse my ignorance

·
Registered
202 Posts
rebo said:
OK, so the 04 is already wired up for a SAT. I buy a tuner an that's it? What about an antenna, or does it work of the nav antenna?
If not, where do you place the antenna?
I'v read post of the 03's, how different are the 04's
Excuse my ignorance
Rebo, if you want satellite radio for an '04 Murano, you need to buy the Infiniti G35 tuner kit, which includes both the tuner and the antenna. If you look at the pictures posted at the Florida guys site and at Jaak's site, you'll see how to route the wiring for the antenna. Your wiring harness that connects the tuner to the head unit should be "parked" next to the amplifier, which is accessible from the cargo area behind a rubber flap on the passenger's side of the car. The SAT tuner goes behind the rubber flap on the driver's side of the car.

Jeff

·
Registered
29 Posts
jpburk,
thanks for clarifying this SAT thing. Seem's simply after your explanation. Those two sites are down at the moment, however I am going to order the unit after I check out the wiring in my MO.
Thanks for your help

1 - 20 of 34 Posts