Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me who is the best Nissan dealer in NYC? Someone who will give a decent trade-in price for my '95 Accord. I'm interested in a loaded 2005 Murano SL.

Carsdirect.com has a price of about $32,500 for the SL.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I bought mine at nissan of queens which is now giant nissan of queens. Nice and smooth don't know about trade in cause you will probably get a better value selling it privately. they were willing to deal so it was cool.
I also went to Star nissan which was a nightmare. High pressure sales and rude salesman and manager. I was pretty much cursed out and thrown out because i wanted a test drive and they wouldn't let me cause the test vehicle was'nt spec'd out to my preference. it had dynamic control package. I don't want to fault the other sales people at Star but the guy I dealt with was an Arse and I wanted to deck him, brought the issue up with the managers and they didn't care so I said screw Star. only thing is I have heard if you are a good negotiater you will get a better price at Star cause they move more vehicles.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
gr8wall,

Star looks like its out then. I think it's important to have a post-sales relationship with the dealer as well. Model-specific maintainence issues will eventually come up and I would like to know that I can deal with the original place that sold me the car.

Did you use carsdirect.com for leverage? There is a great website that I found that has some good strategy on getting the best price. www.carbuyingtips.com.

My Accord is only in fair condition and I don't feel like fixing it up. Not sure if even a dealer will take it off my hand. They won't if they need to resell it.

gr8wall said:
I bought mine at nissan of queens which is now giant nissan of queens. Nice and smooth don't know about trade in cause you will probably get a better value selling it privately. they were willing to deal so it was cool.
I also went to Star nissan which was a nightmare. High pressure sales and rude salesman and manager. I was pretty much cursed out and thrown out because i wanted a test drive and they wouldn't let me cause the test vehicle was'nt spec'd out to my preference. it had dynamic control package. I don't want to fault the other sales people at Star but the guy I dealt with was an Arse and I wanted to deck him, brought the issue up with the managers and they didn't care so I said screw Star. only thing is I have heard if you are a good negotiater you will get a better price at Star cause they move more vehicles.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If you're willing to come out to LI, try Atlantic Nissan in West Islip. High volume dealer...low balled me on my trade intially, when I was ready to walk, I was able to get another $2k for it...intial interest rate quoted was kinda high(6.99%)...when I was ready to walk again, they came back with 3%...they weren't high pressure but just feeling me out I guess..guy was alright to deal with..I'll get his name to you by tomorrow if you want...

Went to Smithtown Nissan first...they had an ad in the Newsday...an S AWD for $25K, 8 available...so I go in and see an S in the showroom...while sitting in it..guy comes over and makes the usual small talk..when asked the price...he says..."Oh this one..about $30k...."
So I say WOW....where's the one from the ad....

He's like...What ad???

So I show him the add...he gives me the puzzled look....I've never seen this add, you make this up on your computer....he says to me....the nerve

He had to go to the podium to check on the validity of the add....

So he comes back and he's all suprised now, says to me "This is the one in the add that you're sitting in....(but this time he's alot more depressed then before....this is the last one I've got at that price....( I blew his commission right out of the water...)

I wasn't overly impressed with his attittude, so I walked

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's exactly what I don't want to deal with. Crappy dealers. Nissan "Drive To a Million" campaign almost guarantees the 3% if you have good credit. You weren't getting a special deal.

The dealer at Smithtown was BSing you. They're stupid but not that stupid. The stuff in the ads are teasers to get you in the door. Computer stores like Best Buy do it all time. They're called loss leaders.

Reading the stuff at carbuyingtips.com seems to be the way to go. Do their fax attack and you will have a confirmed deal before you even walk in the door. But I was hoping to establish a long term relationship with one of these places. But if they come off as slimy, forget it. You would think they would get the picture, what with places like carsdirect.com and edmunds that gives the consumers complete info. But they still don't, they've segregated the dealerships so that you have to go to the "internet" guy to get the good deal.

Conman said:
If you're willing to come out to LI, try Atlantic Nissan in West Islip. High volume dealer...low balled me on my trade intially, when I was ready to walk, I was able to get another $2k for it...intial interest rate quoted was kinda high(6.99%)...when I was ready to walk again, they came back with 3%...they weren't high pressure but just feeling me out I guess..guy was alright to deal with..I'll get his name to you by tomorrow if you want...

Went to Smithtown Nissan first...they had an ad in the Newsday...an S AWD for $25K, 8 available...so I go in and see an S in the showroom...while sitting in it..guy comes over and makes the usual small talk..when asked the price...he says..."Oh this one..about $30k...."
So I say WOW....where's the one from the ad....

He's like...What ad???

So I show him the add...he gives me the puzzled look....I've never seen this add, you make this up on your computer....he says to me....the nerve

He had to go to the podium to check on the validity of the add....

So he comes back and he's all suprised now, says to me "This is the one in the add that you're sitting in....(but this time he's alot more depressed then before....this is the last one I've got at that price....( I blew his commission right out of the water...)

I wasn't overly impressed with his attittude, so I walked

·
Registered
23 Posts
I know Nissan was offering 3% and thats why I walked when he said 6.99%...and I walked when they made a lowball offer on the trade...but what I was trying to say was the guy at Smithtown was slimy, using typical car salesman tactics...while at least the Atlantic guy was a nice guy and didn't come across as a shyster...I understand he was using car salesman tactics but I felt is more of a negotiation then a slimy sale...

Atlantic honored their ad after a little negotiating and the guy wasn't a slimeball...

It sounds like you're looking for a dealership to kiss your behind a little bit, roll out the red carpet, offer over top dollar for a trade and give you the lowest price he can right off the bat....sorry my friend, but that ain't happening...this is the big apple....good luck though...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope. Where in my posts did I say that I need someone to kiss my ass.

Give me credit for being a knowledgable consumer. Assume that I did my homework on the net. Don't try to BS me with 6% when Nissan is advertising 3%. Don't try to lowball my trade-in when I've probably checked out the local prices of my used car with similar mileage and I also know what the blue book value is.

I should be able to get the car I want for $500-$2000 off invoice. I should be able to get blue book value for my trade-in. (In my case, I would be willing to take a little less because it has a few dings.)

Most people would view your quote as what they expect from the dealer. I'm thinking why not. Isn't it the expectation of any business to make the customers feel special? All I care about is that I be treated like a smart consumer.

Conman said:
It sounds like you're looking for a dealership to kiss your behind a little bit, roll out the red carpet, offer over top dollar for a trade and give you the lowest price he can right off the bat....sorry my friend, but that ain't happening...this is the big apple....good luck though...

·
Registered
23 Posts
lwlee said:
Nope. Where in my posts did I say that I need someone to kiss my ass.

Give me credit for being a knowledgable consumer. Assume that I did my homework on the net. Don't try to BS me with 6% when Nissan is advertising 3%. Don't try to lowball my trade-in when I've probably checked out the local prices of my used car with similar mileage and I also know what the blue book value is.

I should be able to get the car I want for $500-$2000 off invoice. I should be able to get blue book value for my trade-in. (In my case, I would be willing to take a little less because it has a few dings.)

Most people would view your quote as what they expect from the dealer. I'm thinking why not. Isn't it the expectation of any business to make the customers feel special? All I care about is that I be treated like a smart consumer.

I should've put {sarcasm}{/sarcasm} tags on my post about the Kiss comments, my impression of what you were saying was you were looking for special treatment or to build a "relationship" with the dealer...I'm sorry for being rough...but I'm just being a realist...and sure, in a perfect world, you would think that a dealer would treat you special because you're dropping a bunch of money on a new car/suv...and it make sense to you and me that a smart consumer would be a good thing...but that's in make believe land...I agree with you 100%...I guess I'm just a little more skeptical then most...

·
Enjoying the ride…
465 Posts
Hey,

I check 3 Nissan dealers while I was shopping for Mo. I have being in Staten Island, Bay Ridge and Queens. Bay Ridge was kind of ok, but I will never buy a car from them; too much pressure and the salesman was unprofessional (in my opinion), he was trying to sell me anything without even listening what I was telling him. Than he told me that my ’97 Maxima SE w/ 120K has no value and I HAVE TO pay $100, so they will take the car to the junk yard. That was a most ridicules thing I was ever told. By the way at this time my Maxima worth $3000 private and &2400 trade-in. Than I went to Staten Island, where I met a most professional dealer I have ever spoke with. He new everything about the car, we worked out the trade-in and the price very nicely. It was a pleasure. I left a deposit and start waiting for the car. In the meantime I went to the Queens. They do not want to match the price I received from SI Nissan, but they was nice enough to make me a good offer on trade-in and the 2003 Mo SE with the options I want to have. One more thing which makes me to make a decision that I can take the car home same day without waiting. So, I end up buying car from the Nissan of Queens and I am very happy with this buy. But I am still feeling sorry for the guy from Staten Island…..but I will buy next Mo from him. Hope this will help you to make a decision.

·
Registered
3 Posts
There are best NYC dealers regarding the best auto vehicle. But it is necessary to check weather the auto dealers are certified or not. Then you can further move on with the lease, finance, car service and their parts. There are super dealers in the Manhattan which also provides the best possible service and they maintain the complete inventory of the Nissan parts.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Make sure not to stop by Bay Ridge Nissan... Or any Nissan in Brooklyn... Bay Ridge Nissan dunno wtf they talkin about, and on top of that if u have any issues like tranny and so on they will do anything 2 make it look like its ur fault...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all -

Last week i decided to deal with Bay Ridge Nissan and got the following:

2011 SV AWD

-Splash guards
- rear bumper protect
-floor and cargo
- retractable cargo

My price, including taxes (NY) and all other fees: 34,900 - Out the door.

What do you all think

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

I can recommend Teddy Nissan of the Bronx. Ask for Juan Garcia. I got a 2009SL AWD out the door for $32000 including NY taxes, Nissan Security Plus extend warranty for 84 month or 120, 000 Miles. The car has 36,000 miles and I got them to Certify it which gives me extra warranties and services from Nissan.

The service department was great. After I took delivery, the next day I;ve notive that it was missing one of the mufflers chrome tip and they order it and install it right of way. The car only had one key and I told them that I must have a second and I was given it at not charge.

·
Registered
141 Posts
dont go to Manhattan nissan... they are liars(but then again what dealership isnt?) the finance guy is a true asshole and circle talker

·
Registered
51 Posts
I second the comment on Nissan of Manhattan finance manager. I guess there are several, but the one I delt with never smiled, had an attitude and wasn't helpful.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts