Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Enjoying the ride…
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, I have some quality time with my Mo on the snow road. It’s awesome. I love everything; acceleration, turns, slow downs. She handles everything just fine. I drove over a couple big piles of snow about 2.5 feet height and barely feel it. Wow I am so exited. I can believe that the Mo can handle snow roads like that, especially after my Maxima. Here are a couple pictures from my window. Mo in the front of my building is not mine.:( I was unable to find a parking here. Also keep in mind that this is a “cleaned” avenue, you can just imagine what is going on the streets.:29:

Attachments

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
OOH Poor MO :(

·
5,268 Posts
Murano_driver,

I love those pictures.........just pictures.......I cannot imagine driving or living in conditions like these...

Just got back from Montreal. - 27C (-17 F)........my body still feels this.......:(

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Cool pictures. A better picture would be completely covered cars, so we only see indistinguishable mounds of snow. Then the game is guess which one is the Murano.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I don't get it. You guys actually look FORWARD to driving in those conditions? Guess I've been living in California too long.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
CopperKat said:
I don't get it. You guys actually look FORWARD to driving in those conditions? Guess I've been living in California too long.

Not if its looking forward, but more of the "Murano euphoria" of trying a new car out in the white stuff. I admit I was pretty excited when I moved from California to the snowbelt (for school, not by choice, I would never leave the Bay Area voluntarily :D) and though now I get to flex the AWD!

I admit the first few snows of the year are still kind of fun for me, but afterwards, its a miserable commute with all the salt, slush, and nasty buildup on the car.

·
Registered
49 Posts
10.5 +++ inches here in Philly today...and I had my new MO out and about in good snow for the first time.

LOVE to take a new car in the snow for the first time. Donuts, sliding, braking, power tunrs...just to see how she handles.

I must say, the GYT Eagles are crap in the snow...but the MO makes up for it. VDC off...VDC on....AWD Lockin ON...AWD Lockin OFF...Just fantastic and much fun.

I think the defrost on that large windsheld is iffy, too IMHO.

But me and MO had some fun today in an empty parking lot!

:)

·
Enjoying the ride…
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
More snow?!?

Well guys, I just watched TV news and meteorologist says it was the only the beginning. More snow is coming. It should be another feet on the top of what you see. I will try to get more pictures of my Mo tomorrow. By the way I forgot to mention, I have been on the empty parking lot and that was FUN. :D

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
cool pix.

Congrats to the guys "gettin' their fun on" for the first time. I bought the car on a Saturday two years ago, and we had a freak snowstorm on Sunday leading to my first 75-mile commute on Monday morning. I was carving out a new lane, passing a dozen or so cars that slid off the NJ turnpike at various points, laughing like the guy on the test drive in the Volkswagen commercial. Today, I will be driving 100 miles to Melville, Long Island. I'm glad the state of emergency was lifted, but I want the blizzard warning to expire before I head out.

15 inches here in Yardley, btw. Nothing like the blizzard of '96, though - 39 inches over 3 days. Hang on to your hats, Boston..

"The blizzard is coming! The blizzard is coming!" (sorry ;) )

·
Registered
10 Posts
I drove in snow when last year and MO had no problems handling the roads. But I think I'll keep the MO grounded on this snow storm. Don't want to get all that road salt on the MO. ;)

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
It will be nice to hear more on MO owner's

that has winter tires on. Just want to see how significant the improvement are over the sucky oem all season tires...

·
Enjoying the ride…
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
more

Couple of fresh pictures. From this afternoon. Snow accumulation is 17 inches, but Mo still doing great on the road

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
SNOOOOOWW!!!

Yeah! I love that! Being able to test the MO out in snow, what a joy I have.

Nice pics, anyone else got pics?

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
At least you are across the street from the Platinum Car Wash.! :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
I spent this Saturday in Manhattan- NYC International Motorcycle Show. Boy, do the rear-drive cars suck at snow??? Every other stalled car was BMW/MB. Town Cars were the major problem-no limo driver in NYC can drive in these severe conditions. Cabbies were doing as crazy slides as the weather that day.
It took me an hour and a half to get home 22 miles from lower west side( average speed was 7-10 miles per hour!)
Fact-Murano did good in the snow!

·
Enjoying the ride…
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Interesting fact. While driving around the city on Saturday and Sunday I notice that people was mostly driving SUVs and mini-Vans, especially on Saturday, but only two vehicle perform the best. Of course Murano :29: and……Toyota Highlander. I was keeping distance from Towncars and Crown Victories (usual taxi and car service cars). Those guys were traveling sideways most part of the time.:28:

Drive carefully,
Mo_Driver

·
Registered
719 Posts
Re: It will be nice to hear more on MO owner's

SugarRushMurano said:
that has winter tires on. Just want to see how significant the improvement are over the sucky oem all season tires...
I don't have snow tires on the Murano yet, (too slow to pull the trigger and they're sold out now at any reasonable price) but I do have and use two sets of dedicated snow tires, one on my wife's 2000 Maxima SE and one on my son's 98 Honda Accord V6 XLE.

I have driven over 400,xxx miles in Wisconsin winters over the last 10 years, all of them until I got the Murano used dedicated snow tires. The first ten years that I lived in Wisconsin, I used all season tires because I just didn't know any better.

IMO and experience, the very best all season tires are no match for the very worst dedicated snow tires in winter driving conditions. Obviously, if you buy one of the top rated snow tires your much better off, but my point remains valid.

The breaking and steering control that dedicated snow tires give you in winter driving conditions are simply dramatic improvements over any all season tires. Good, all season tires are usually at best OK in winter driving conditions during their first year of life. Beyond that and your risking your insurance deductible everytime you drive.

I have yet to find someone, anyone, who has driving on dedicated winter tires and doesn't make the switch every winter as appropriate. I also find LOTS of people who don't believe the difference but once you drive with them, you won't want to be without them.

To this day, if I HAVE to be somewhere in poor driving conditions, I would much rather drive the wifes Maxima (with the dedicated snows) than the Murano if the winter weather conditions are nasty.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts