Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Just for information I received a quote for replacing the O2 Sensor,--203 for the Sensor and 160 labour which puts it in the 400 dollar + range including taxes, Canadian dollars, about 335 U.S. Seems high but guess that's the price of keeping the Mo in shape. :)
The car is running just fine so may consider leaving it for the time being.
Cheers.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Online prices are all over the place from 35 to 115 dollars---confusing!

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
I buy generic O2 sensors in the $35 range. They are very simple devices and I've had no problems.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input Pilgrim and kaya. I don't know which one--when I saw the price I was too flabbergasted to ask! I assume it can be found out by putting an obd scan on it?
Cheers/Bill

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
Thanks for the input Pilgrim and kaya. I don't know which one--when I saw the price I was too flabbergasted to ask! I assume it can be found out by putting an obd scan on it?
Cheers/Bill
I don't know how specific an OBD II scan gets. Maybe someone else does.

·
Registered
260 Posts
any scan tool will show you generic codes (p0xxx). higher grade or manufacturer specific tools will show you generic plus manufacturer specific codes (pxxxx). emissions faults are of the highest priority. there are generic codes for each sensors circuit and/or performance malfunctions. just keep in mind that a code doesn't necessarily mean that a sensor is bad. but rather that the pcm has seen a reading outside of it's programmed specification

·
Registered
15 Posts
Now replacing all 4 o2 sensors in our 2005 Murano.
The pair of downstream sensors are less costly, ranging from around $12 to $80 each, so $24 to $160 for the pair.
The upstream pair are more expensive, ranging from $50 to $130 each, so $100 to $260 for the pair.

Several Mo owners have mentioned that o2 sensors are simple devices and seem to suggest that staying in the low end of the price range is fine; whereas o2 sensor reviews recommend (of course) the major brands and special features such as "wideband"...these at the high end of the range.

Hope some of you would comment further on your experiences!

Thanks

·
Registered
321 Posts
Now replacing all 4 o2 sensors in our 2005 Murano.
The pair of downstream sensors are less costly, ranging from around $12 to $80 each, so $24 to $160 for the pair.
The upstream pair are more expensive, ranging from $50 to $130 each, so $100 to $260 for the pair.

Several Mo owners have mentioned that o2 sensors are simple devices and seem to suggest that staying in the low end of the price range is fine; whereas o2 sensor reviews recommend (of course) the major brands and special features such as "wideband"...these at the high end of the range.

Hope some of you would comment further on your experiences!

Thanks
My guess is that Denso makes the OEM O2 sensor so they're probably a good bet. Whatever you decide to buy, I would suggest double-checking the manufacturer's online parts catalog to make sure you're definitely buying the right part. BTW...why are you replacing all 4 sensors? Are they all bad?

·
Super Moderator
7,673 Posts
O2 sensors are indeed simple things. I have replaced 2 or 3, and always with the least expensive generic unit I can find. All have worked perfectly.

Here's a tech reference with more than you need to know: http://www.autotap.com/techlibrary/understanding_oxygen_sensors.asp

Critical sentences:

"The O2 sensor works like a miniature generator and produces its own voltage when it gets hot."

"The difference in oxygen levels between the exhaust and outside air within the sensor causes voltage to flow through the ceramic bulb. The greater the difference, the higher the voltage reading."

"An oxygen sensor will typically generate up to about 0.9 volts when the fuel mixture is rich and there is little unburned oxygen in the exhaust. When the mixture is lean, the sensor's output voltage will drop down to about 0.1 volts. When the air/fuel mixture is balanced or at the equilibrium point of about 14.7 to 1, the sensor will read around 0.45 volts."

That's all it does, based on a reaction to the composition of the exhaust gasses. Nothing complex, just sends a voltage reading to the ECU.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Went with Kwiksen via Amazon for our 2005 AWD.
Upstream $54 each x 2; downstream $39 for the pair.
Alltogether, $158 including tax and shipping.

Items Ordered
Price
2 of: Kwiksen Air Fuel Ratio Sensor Upstream 234-5060 Replacement For Nissan Maxima Murano Quest Titan 2004 2005 2006
Sold by: PartsSquare (seller profile)

Condition: New
$53.99​
1 of: Kwiksen 2pcs Downstream Left and Right Oxygen Sensor 2 Replacement for Nissan Murano V6 3.5L 2003-2007, Replacement for Nissan Maxima V6 3.5L 2007-2008,2004 Nissan Quest V6 3.5L 15525 234-4301
Sold by: PartsSquare (seller profile)

Condition: New
$38.99

The packaging is very good, and visual inspection is positive for build quality and materials. Will install and start-up next few days...will update thereafter asap.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts