Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obd II Settings?? (consult II)???

heres where i stand::

i have a few "gripes" (for lack of a better term) in regards to the settings of my MO....

when i make my first service visit to have the oil changed, and the door pop corrcted, i wonder if the OBDII computer can re-program my car to........

1) id like the 'auto' lights to come on ALOT sooner than they do now...... (its past the point where i can read the dash (darkness) before they are initiated)

2) id like the 'auto' off setting on the lights to be about 20 seconds LESS than it is now, or, better yet, once the 'lock' is engaged from the keyfob, id like to have the lights off....

3) auto seat movement.... okay....... i liked it at first.... but.... i am quite capable of ingress and egress without the seat being full-back..... also, i wonder about longevity of the motors, with constant usage as such....

4) sat receiver detected??? when i finally get and install my g35 unit, do i need to manually switch this setting to "yes"??

thanks in advance ladies and gents....

SMS

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
You can adjust whether the auto-seat activates or not using your display panel. Check the owners manual.

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Eric........

does anyone know the functionality of the CONSULT II device??

can these other issues be address with the version of the software my car has??

will Nissan offer a 4.3(?) version of our in-car features that is more usable?? or what???

help!!

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
OBDII stands for "on board diagnositics" - it refers to emissions diagnostics that can be performed with a standard plugin computer. Nissan's Consult II is a $6000 tool that performsn OBDII diagnostics, as well a whole bunch of other Nissan related tests. You can buy a general OBDII scanner for a couple hundred, but all it will do is read codes.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Well I know the 2004 Murano has more options that can be adjusted with the display screen. So it is possible that a software upgrade via Consult II may make that possible in the 2003 as well. Its worth asking the dealer about.

Otherwise, if you are under the 1 yr 12,000 mile adjustment period, you can probably have the dealer adjust your factory settings with their consult II. The FSM has a load of info on what is adjustable via Consult II. For example, there are like 6 modes for the security system settings.

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Eric L. said:
Well I know the 2004 Murano has more options that can be adjusted with the display screen. So it is possible that a software upgrade via Consult II may make that possible in the 2003 as well. Its worth asking the dealer about.

Otherwise, if you are under the 1 yr 12,000 mile adjustment period, you can probably have the dealer adjust your factory settings with their consult II. The FSM has a load of info on what is adjustable via Consult II. For example, there are like 6 modes for the security system settings.
TY eric........

exactly the info im after......

S

·
Registered
719 Posts
Here's some of the settings available via the consult according to the service manual.

Available Changes to Programming via Consult II
Ref Issue Mode 1 Mode 2 Mode 3
BL-110 Auto Door Locks 1 Min nothing 5 Min
BL-110 Panic Alarm 1/2 Sec nothing 1 1/2 Sec
BL-110 Power Window Dn 3 Sec nothing 5 Sec

The ref is the page number the item is described on in the service manual, Body and Lock and Security System section, page 110, if your Nissan dealer is clueless.

So you can set your auto door locks to do nothing by having them set to made two by the dealer.;)

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Well it looks like I am going to buy a Palm PDA and the CAN supporting OBD2 software from Auterra http://www.auterraweb.com/index.html This will let me run the onboard dyno like performance traces and view codes, reset etc. DOES ANYONE HAVE A OBD DEVICE ? HAS ANYONE USED IT ON THE MO? GRIP

·
Registered
202 Posts
HI.

I bought a AutoTap it is OBDII compliant but it doesnt support CAN, so it will connect but no info can be read, by the way somewhere in this forum I read that if you switch something somewhere in some order you can connect a standard OBD system, so anyone tried this?...

·
Registered
142 Posts
does anybody know if you can manipulate headlights the same way (using that OBDII) to set up DTR lights?

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
There is no way to program anything with OBDII. The acronym is On Board Diagnostics (version 2). You can read sensors and trouble codes, clear trouble codes and that's about it.

You need a Nissan specific (Consult 2) tool to program settings. These are multi-thousand dollar devices that only dealerships have access to.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts